odwdinc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/odwdinc/SSBU_Amiibo

Just a start for the Amiibo editor as its about ready for prime time!

YtoOBQ1.jpg

If you dont have a populated pyamiibo, you may need to run.
Code:
git submodule update --init --recursive

to run you will need python3, cryptography, Pillow, requests and tkinter

You will allso need to provide your own copy of the Amiibo Keys aka key_retail.bin for Encription and Decription to work in the menus.
  • Amiibo Key File. (Don't ask for these... google...)
    MD5: 45fd53569f5765eef9c337bd5172f937
    SHA1: bbdbb49a917d14f7a997d327ba40d40c39e606ce
Install with pip
install to your users home directory.
Code:
python -m pip install --user git+https://github.com/odwdinc/SSBU_Amiibo.git

What is Know:
  1. learning On/OFF
  2. moves [1-3] with Descriptions.
  3. XP/ Leave
  4. Attack
  5. Defense / HP
What is Unknown at this time
  1. Gifts, while the location is know, the data in not mapped out yet.
  2. learning in general, while the location of weather learning is on or off is know the underlying data is unknown.

RunCode_7.PNG

Last edited by odwdinc,

Wanderer0891

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the editor running but something still seems to be off with decrypting and encrypting as while the menu options work successfully Smash Ultimate says the edited amiibo isn't an amiibo. Not sure if its a bug or if I did something wrong on my end. Testing the editor with Amiibomb decrypted and encrypted amiibos worked though.

Last edited by Wanderer0891,
Reactions: Xpartyman

odwdinc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the editor running but something still seems to be off with decrypting and encrypting as while the menu options work successfully Smash Ultimate says the edited amiibo isn't an amiibo. Not sure if its a bug or if I did something wrong on my end. Testing the editor with Amiibomb decrypted and encrypted amiibos worked though.
I will look into it, Thanks for the feedback

Reactions: Xpartyman

Xpartyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I get the download link for this amiibo editor

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a YouTube video on how to do download this and use it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi you got the amiibo ediito to work can u help me out?

Xpartyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi could it be possible to send me a zipped file with everything I need to use this editor or can u send me a exe file or something I relrea need this

Wanderer0891

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

odwdinc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested both and decrypting and encrypting are working perfectly now. I did notice that the Transformation Duration move name was slightly cutoff in the editor with a missing T but thats a minor bug. Thank you for all your hard work on this.
o there will be a UI improvement and you will all have to mind any spelling, this was more of a POC but is goodenuff to sart reciving feed back on,
all is welcome!
any thoughts on "learning"??

Wanderer0891

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o there will be a UI improvement and you will all have to mind any spelling, this was more of a POC but is goodenuff to sart reciving feed back on,
all is welcome!
any thoughts on "learning"??

If I had to guess that might be the data that an amiibo picks up by learning from opponents but I'm not 100% sure on that. So of the 3 unknown data you mentioned back in thread 1 that could be one.

"'learn un0 move1 move2 move3 un1 xp un2 atc hp un3 gift' = "<?9sBBB91sIHhhHH" , DataOffset in the data block = 0x02"

I'd say the last two unknown data would be the amiibo's personality and the amiibo's primary type.
An amiibo can have one out of four primary types the same as primary spirits which are Attack, Shield, Grab, and Neutral while an amiibo can also have one out of 24 personalities:
Normal, Cautious, Realistic, Unflappable, Light, Quick, Lightning Fast, Enthusiastic, Aggressive, Offensive, Reckless, Thrill Seeker, Daredevil, Versatile, Technician, Show-Off, Flashy, Entertainer, Cool, Logical, Sly, Laid Back, Wild, and Lively.

odwdinc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had to guess that might be the data that an amiibo picks up by learning from opponents but I'm not 100% sure on that. So of the 3 unknown data you mentioned back in thread 1 that could be one.

"'learn un0 move1 move2 move3 un1 xp un2 atc hp un3 gift' = "<?9sBBB91sIHhhHH" , DataOffset in the data block = 0x02"

I'd say the last two unknown data would be the amiibo's personality and the amiibo's primary type.
An amiibo can have one out of four primary types the same as primary spirits which are Attack, Shield, Grab, and Neutral while an amiibo can also have one out of 24 personalities:
Normal, Cautious, Realistic, Unflappable, Light, Quick, Lightning Fast, Enthusiastic, Aggressive, Offensive, Reckless, Thrill Seeker, Daredevil, Versatile, Technician, Show-Off, Flashy, Entertainer, Cool, Logical, Sly, Laid Back, Wild, and Lively.

oo I had not thouth about the personality and the amiibo's primary type!!
all get looking on this.

iv2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Somehow tagmo is not recognizing the exported bin files.

tests:
1. take a clean mario .bin file
2. decrypt it
3. edit abilities
4. save as .bin

result: tagmo doesn't recognize it (despite being 540 bytes)

1. take a modded ssbu ganondorf with 3x hyper smash attacks
2. decrypt it, notice that it indeed has the correct stats
3. change nothing, export as .bin

result: the first file is detected by tagmo, the second one is not. both are 540 bytes.

P.s.
Having to merge both "locked-secret.bin" and "unfixed-info.bin" into one "retail.key" file isn't really convenient, nor it's really explained in the docs.
Consider making that clearer and/or support the separate bin files instead.

duplicitousfox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hex offset at 000000E3 is your Amiibo's type (00=Normal; 40=Attack; 80=Defense; C0=Grab).
Offsets between 00000168 to 000001A1 is personality data. Each byte represents... something. Not 100% sure what. I know at least one of these offsets controls whether your amiibo taunts or not, and how often.

Edit: Personality is an expression of the total values between 168 and 1A1. Setting all of these bytes to 00 puts it at "Normal", while setting all of them to FF puts it at "Daredevil". It'll take some playing around with to figure out what value combinations will generate certain personality types. It might be easier to figure out if we are able to isolate each byte's function.

Last edited by duplicitousfox,

Etrius_LeoVinci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P.s.
Having to merge both "locked-secret.bin" and "unfixed-info.bin" into one "retail.key" file isn't really convenient, nor it's really explained in the docs.
Consider making that clearer and/or support the separate bin files instead.

I have the two bin files. However, I have no idea how you merged them. Could you please explain how and where you placed the file? I'm currently using the .exe beta he provided in the comments.

Wanderer0891

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the two bin files. However, I have no idea how you merged them. Could you please explain how and where you placed the file? I'm currently using the .exe beta he provided in the comments.

Make a copy of unfixed-info.bin and rename the copy to retail.key, open retail.key and locked-secret.bin in a hex editor, select all and copy locked-secret.bin, and then in the retail.key file click the end of the file and select paste. Save retail.key and then check if its 160 bytes, if so then place in the same folder as the .exe file.

Say @odwdinc how is the editor coming along? Now that we have the data on where the Amiibo's type and Personality are I'm not sure what else is left to map.
Hex offset at 000000E3 is your Amiibo's type (00=Normal; 40=Attack; 80=Defense; C0=Grab).
Offsets between 00000168 to 000001A1 is personality data. Each byte represents... something. Not 100% sure what. I know at least one of these offsets controls whether your amiibo taunts or not, and how often.

Edit: Personality is an expression of the total values between 168 and 1A1. Setting all of these bytes to 00 puts it at "Normal", while setting all of them to FF puts it at "Daredevil". It'll take some playing around with to figure out what value combinations will generate certain personality types. It might be easier to figure out if we are able to isolate each byte's function.

As far as Tagmo goes I'm not as familiar with it as I use Datel's Powersaves for Amiibo and usually use the Powertag for my testing so I might not be able to help too much with Tagmo bug fixing.

Etrius_LeoVinci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply! ill get right on it!

Edit: it worked! thank you so much, i have a lot of catching up to do in knowledge to be able to assist you guys in discovering more with Amiibo editing, this is so exciting for me! question though, do you have to decrypt the Amiibo's .bin file before editing it in HxD? i want to edit the personalities of the Amiibo's and discover how they "learn", and test them in game.

Last edited by Etrius_LeoVinci,

Wanderer0891

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply! ill get right on it!

Edit: it worked! thank you so much, i have a lot of catching up to do in knowledge to be able to assist you guys in discovering more with Amiibo editing, this is so exciting for me! question though, do you have to decrypt the Amiibo's .bin file before editing it in HxD? i want to edit the personalities of the Amiibo's and discover how they "learn", and test them in game.

You need to decrypt them yes, if using the editor for that you would decrypt the amiibo .bin file, then edit the decrypted .bind file with a hex editor like HxD and then use the editor to reencrypt and restore the edited .bin for testing. Be sure to post your findings as we still don't know the combinations for the personalities and it would help a lot to have more data to crunch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/sop/d/clearwater-evga-super-nova-1600p-power/7731563060.html