YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i got super smash bros brawl a while ago (before i started the softmodding and playing of backups) but now its stopped working...

i know there is a flaw with some wii's that causes it to be not read, but since mine WAS working could it be something to do with any cIOS or anything that i've installed? here are the specs:

Wiigator cIOS v07
cMIOS Xi
softmii 2.0.5 (i think, plays GC games through disc channel)
preloader installed (just incase any hacks can repair it, unlikely though i suppose lol)
firmware 3.2E (downgraded from 3.3v1)

it reads all other original and backup discs i have in the disc channel. but SSBB doesnt load through the Gamma loader disc channel either.

in the main menu, when i insert the disc it sort of makes a disc reading sound followed by silence. in the backup launcher gamma channel it does the same but instead of silence it then makes the disc read sound again and just repeats the sound and every so often the front wii light will come on like when you've just inserted the game.

I'm thinking it's something to do with the downgrade. i havent actually played the game in a few months so i dont really know which point it stopped working unfortunately, sorry about that.

i was looking foward to a damn good brawl session then too
tongue.gif

i can accept that i may have to send it to nintendo, but i dont want to get rid of all of the cIOS install efforts!!

i'm actually going to bed now so i'll have to come back tomora evening to catch up, if you need any more details then just say here and i'll be able to give you them
smile.gif

thanks alot to anyone that can help
smile.gif

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
Is the disk an original or a backup?

Since its the only Duel layered game i can think of there's no other game that would have that problem.

if its a backup try burning it again. if its an original make sure the disk is clean. If you don't wanna send to Nintendo i believe they have a wii cleaning kit for sale now which could fix the issue.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the game is actually an original.

n yeah, i think its the dual layer disc reading problem. strange thing that it did work once upon a time though. although it did have a disc read error every 1 in 10 loads lol

anyone think it could have just developed over time?

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:

n yeah, i think its the dual layer disc reading problem. strange thing that it did work once upon a time though. although it did have a disc read error every 1 in 10 loads lol

It's probably the laser. If you're under warranty you can send it to nintendo and get it repared for free, otherwise you'll have to pay. You could always replace the laser your self though.

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
david432111 said:
mikeyt1998 said:

It's probably the laser. If you're under warranty you can send it to nintendo and get it repared for free, otherwise you'll have to pay. You could always replace the laser your self though.

From what i been told its usually just because the laser gets dirty from dust and smoke, and since he can read other games the laser probably isn't broken just needs to be cleaned.

I don't know if u smoke but this could be the reason.

Dual Layer Discs Not Causing Wii Errors, Cigarettes are

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol no i dont smoke, disgusting habit!

n yeah, i figured that it just developed the laser issue that prevents brawl from being read.

i'd fix it myself if i had a clue on what the actual problem is with the laser that stops it from reading the disc lol

and i'm not under warranty any more, bought the wii on release... oh well i dont mind
smile.gif

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
My Original Brawl Disc is giving me headaches too. Will spit out a disc read error 9 times outta 10. I think I might be still in warranty, If I update to 3.4 and remove HBC & PreLoader will that remove all the naughty stuff that Nintendo wouldnt happy with?

rajnika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
feidhlim1986 said:
My Original Brawl Disc is giving me headaches too. Will spit out a disc read error 9 times outta 10. I think I might be still in warranty, If I update to 3.4 and remove HBC & PreLoader will that remove all the naughty stuff that Nintendo wouldnt happy with?

I'm having the same problem. My disc isnt working anymore. Already before it was hard... Here what i did to make my Wii "clean" :

Saved all my savegame on SD, deleted hacks of Preloader, Ran AnyRegionChanger to go back to a "proper" 3.2, deleted IOS above 200 (i.e. 249), deleted HAXX channel (= Homebrew Channel) then i formated my Wii and updated to 3.4 using wifi. Note that i had to launch twice the updater else Zelda or even Wii Sports wouldnt run (black screen).

Now everything looks clean to me, no more "Homebrew channel used xx hours" in Wii Logs (from what i can see, maybe there's another log inside the Wii ?) and i'm just waiting for Nintendo's mail with instructions, also read the page where you have to enter mail, address and stuff. For Europe we have to send Wii with SSBB disc.

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
rajnika said:
For Europe we have to send Wii with SSBB disc.

Hmmm....My SSBB is NTSC USA Version. I used to use FreeLoader on my PAL EU Wii when it first came out, but FreeLoader doesnt work anymore cos of CIOSCORP I think.
So Nintendo might be fussy if I send in a PAL Wii with a NTSC SSBB. I could try borrow a PAL Disc off someone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4