Gaming SSBB problems

Insanity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, so I just finished downloading the USA DVD9 Brawl and burned it at 2.4x, I popped it in my Wii and asked for an update which I did. Now, a few seconds after the "Now Loading" screen I get this "Game could not be read" screen which is pretty frustrating since it took me a while to download. I even tried blowing in my Wii hoping it would work. So now I'm wondering, is this a problem with the lens? or is it a problem with the burning? I had a look at the topic about converting a DVD9 Brawl to DVD5 but I'm not really good with those things so I didn't try. Help is much appreciated guys
wink.gif

Oh and if anyone knows how to get the retail version of Brawl working on wiikey then please tell me. I'd be more than willing to just buy the game if there was a way

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why dont you just buy the game. When you buy it, you get 50% off on the 2nd Wii Selected Game(Good ones, like Mario+Sonic at the Olympics). Only $50. I mean why not just go legit. Not that hard going to a store. Now, you can even buy it online and make it ship to your house. Unless your like mad lazy, it shouldnt matter. And no offence to everyone who modded there Wii. Im not going to attempt it since my brothers Wii Drive pretty much broke, and online, a seperate Nintendo Wii Drive is like $175~$250 from what i heard. And im not risking something thats more then $150+.

Insanity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First off, I'm living in the Philippines. Games are more expensive and take a while to get here. We don't get any 50% discount and all that. Second, I heard wiikey is having problems running the retail version which is why I downloaded one of the net. If you know how to make the legit game work then please let me know then I can buy it without worrying

n1x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Luxembourg
You should get banned for proudly telling us that you downloaded the game. If games are too expensive, then why do you own a wii? I think a wii is more expensive isn't it? You know, I won't buy a PS3 (yet?) because it's too expensive and this is still not a good reason for me to go in a shop and simply steal it.

Continue downloading games if you want, I'm not your parents, but please, avoid sharing it with us. If it's too much asked, then ask google how to solve your problem or find a way to solve it by yourself.

cya

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i didnt like how you guys are trying to cover up game d/ling when its very much existing around this site. for example scene releases that are d/l'd and compatibility list. also you think everyone does legitimate backups of their retail games because their kids will wreck them..?

im taking it that you guys took what Insanity said the wrong way, bashing on this guy for explicitly saying he d/l'd a wii game. i remember there are rules for asking for or posting iso links which he didnt do. can you take a step back and enlighten me with some links and further details to why he should get banned pls
happy.gif

back to the topic

why did you look at dvd9 (double layer) to dvd5 (single layer) brawl when you can make the full dvd9 ?
people were using the layer break feature with image burn and it helped

2084960 Layer Break and Wiikey
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76426

you have to use dvd+r dl, -r dl doesnt have the room on the first layer. if it still doesnt work its the old bad burn/ get better media thing

to get original ssbb to work with a wiikey you need to put a switch on it, along these lines

Installing a switch for a Wiikey?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=771...t=0&start=0

Insanity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much noisound! I think I know why my DVD9 didn't work. Also, I'll be checking and doing a little bit of research on installing a switch. Thanks again! Oh and if there was anything wrong in what I posted, I'm really sorry.

ShinHakkai

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I got the same problem... T.T Gonna try it later on...

And LOL at those fellas above!! You wanna pick on ppl who d/l games? Go to Nintendo Official site! Goddammit, just because I can't afford a game, I can't have a Wii? Good for you if you can buy a game for, say, 40$, but where I live, I'll pay 150$ a game!!! But I can't have a Wii cuz I can't buy the games, right? Yeah, You're right. GBATemp put the release list with a number so you can put this number when you make a copy of yer own game...

(I'll buy a PS3 by May... And unfortunately, there's no back up, so far... Guess I'll have to make it with the Online games and VERY FEW retail games... Not that PS3 has worthy games, anyways...)

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
ShinHakkai said:
(I'll buy a PS3 by May... And unfortunately, there's no back up, so far... Guess I'll have to make it with the Online games and VERY FEW retail games... Not that PS3 has worthy games, anyways...)
Most contradictory post ever?

Everythings really expensive so you're going to buy THE most expensive console even though you know there's no games worth playing on it?!?!?!

Kuupo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had brawl working, but when I went to wifi I saw something in the options which required WiiConnect24 On. So I went to turn it on but the next time i played brawl, Green screen with the cannot read thingy. So I turned WiiConnect24 Off then it worked fine, so go check if you have WiiConnect24 On. That's if you haven't gotten it to work yet.

ShinHakkai

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
Most contradictory post ever?

Everythings really expensive so you're going to buy THE most expensive console even though you know there's no games worth playing on it?!?!?!

Dude, does the fact that both Metal Gear Solid 4 and Tekken 6 being EXCLUSIVE to PS3 ring any bells? Yeah, PS3 is the $hi77ies7 and most expensive console out in the market... But the only one with Heihachi Mishima and Solid Snake (except for Brawl, of course). What can I do?

And (to make my reply useful, or at least, not off-topic) my mod is Wiikey... People say SSBB shouldn't EVEN be working... Let's just hope a miracle happens twice...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I agree the Bad Dragon has the weirdest fans lol +1