Hacking SSBB PAL --> DVD5

vv_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want to build a DVD5 version of SSBB PAL, apply the following instructions.
Things are a bit more complicated than for the USA version, because the opening movie has been - deliberately ? - placed accross the two layers. But it can be moved.
lecture.gif

1. Create a DVD5 iso file by copying the first 4'699'979'776 bytes of the DVD9 iso in a new file (you can use an hexadecimal editor, or 7-Zip for example).
2. Open the DVD9 file with Trucha, go on the second partition, and save the "OPMovie.thp" file of the "ROOT/movie" directory somewhere on your HDD.
3. Download this fst.bin file : http://rapidshare.com/files/125225891/ssbb...v1_fst.bin.html
4. Open the DVD5 file with Trucha, go on the second partition, and replace the "fst.bin" file of the "SYSFILES" directory with the downloaded file. Sign the second partition and don't forget to close the iso in Trucha.
5. Re-Open the DVD5 file with Trucha, go on the second partition, and replace the "OPMovie.thp" file of the "ROOT/movie" directory with the file previously saved on your HDD. Sign the second partition and close trucha.
6. Apply to the DVD5 iso your own patches in necessary (#001, region, ...)
7. Burn the DVD5 iso

All videos of the second layer are now relinked to the "Samus" one. Enjoy.
cool.gif

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
vv_ said:
If you want to build a DVD5 version of SSBB PAL, apply the following instructions.
Things are a bit more complicated than for the USA version, because the opening movie has been - deliberately ? - placed accross the two layers. But it can be moved.
lecture.gif

1. Create a DVD5 iso file by copying the first 4'699'979'776 bytes of the DVD9 iso in a new file (you can use an hexadecimal editor, or 7-Zip for example).
2. Open the DVD9 file with Trucha, go on the second partition, and save the "OPMovie.thp" file of the "ROOT/movie" directory somewhere on your HDD.
3. Download this fst.bin file : http://rapidshare.com/files/125225891/ssbb...v1_fst.bin.html
4. Open the DVD5 file with Trucha, go on the second partition, and replace the "fst.bin" file of the "SYSFILES" directory with the downloaded file. Sign the second partition and don't forget to close the iso in Trucha.
5. Re-Open the DVD5 file with Trucha, go on the second partition, and replace the "OPMovie.thp" file of the "ROOT/movie" directory with the file previously saved on your HDD. Sign the second partition and close trucha.
6. Apply to the DVD5 iso your own patches in necessary (#001, region, ...)
7. Burn the DVD5 iso

All videos of the second layer are now relinked to the "Samus" one. Enjoy.
cool.gif
Thank you so much!
grog.gif

Now, we have to find a way to keep the US savegame with the PAL game...

ississ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dun really now what to do on step 2

Create a DVD5 iso file by copying the first 4'699'979'776 bytes of the DVD9 iso in a new file (you can use an hexadecimal editor, or 7-Zip for example).

can i use scrubber on it to make it dvd5 also?

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
1. Create a DVD5 iso file by copying the first 4'699'979'776 bytes of the DVD9 iso in a new file
How can I do for copying the first 4'699'979'776? I have opened the game with an HexEditor but don't know what i have to do.

vv_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
mossen said:
Can't import OPMovie.thp with trucha!!! It says "Could not replace the file (code: 6)"
It seems to be a Trucha bug. Which version of Trucha are you using ? 0.2 or 0.21 ?
Anyway, you can try to avoid it : In step 5, just before replacing OPMovie.thp, extract it first. Then replace it with the file previously extracted from the DVD9.

QUOTE(Keylogger @ Jun 27 2008, 12:33 AM) How can I do for copying the first 4'699'979'776? I have opened the game with an HexEditor but

don't know what i have to do.
You can do it with 7-Zip :

1. Launch 7-Zip and navigate to your DVD9 directory.
2. Select the DVD9 file, right-click on it and select the "Split file" option.
3. Put the value 4699979776 in the "bytes" field and click "Ok"
4. Wait until the process in terminated ; two new files have been generated : wiierd-ssbb.iso.001 and wiierd-ssbb.iso.002.
5. Delete wiierd-ssbb.iso.002 and rename wiierd-ssbb.iso.001 to wiierd-ssbb-dvd5.iso

elektrixxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vv_ said:
mossen said:
Can't import OPMovie.thp with trucha!!! It says "Could not replace the file (code: 6)"
It seems to be a Trucha bug. Which version of Trucha are you using ? 0.2 or 0.21 ?
Anyway, you can try to avoid it : In step 5, just before replacing OPMovie.thp, extract it first. Then replace it with the file previously extracted from the DVD9.

QUOTE(Keylogger @ Jun 27 2008, 12:33 AM) How can I do for copying the first 4'699'979'776? I have opened the game with an HexEditor but

don't know what i have to do.
You can do it with 7-Zip :

1. Launch 7-Zip and navigate to your DVD9 directory.
2. Select the DVD9 file, right-click on it and select the "Split file" option.
3. Put the value 4699979776 in the "bytes" field and click "Ok"
4. Wait until the process in terminated ; two new files have been generated : wiierd-ssbb.iso.001 and wiierd-ssbb.iso.002.
5. Delete wiierd-ssbb.iso.002 and rename wiierd-ssbb.iso.001 to wiierd-ssbb-dvd5.iso

Thanks for that mate. This will hold me until I get a dual layer working properly.

mossen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

With trucha 0.21 I get that error, with trucha 0.2 nothing happens, but file is not replaced.
BTW I can't extract OPMovie from 4gb ISO :S

I don't know whats wrong....

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're all complicated, I just took my full ISO, deleted everything past the maximum capacity of my DVD-R using a Hex-Editor (which is a bit more than the 4699-something bytes you're all suggesting), and burned it. Works fine, sure, Subspace Emmissary doesn't work, but why would you want to play that without the epic cutscenes anyway?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs