Gaming SSBB Opera Error, fixable?

Ciderax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that galaxy updated it to the latest firmware... guess it didn't, when I updated with the JAP cd I found that I can no longer access my Settings menu's is there any fix for this currently? will the real english SSBB fix it?

ignorant mistake on my part.

I just hope they release a game with an updated firmware in the near future if there's nothing I can do right now... what problems might the lack of settings bring me in the future? I mean, I believe I still can alter the wifi settings with certain games.(havent tried yet)

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's the problem I have. I was absolutely sure that I had the latest firmware but apparently not. I think it may be that my wii stopped updating at about 30% and the disk drive kept clicking, may have been a disk read error.

Of course you could wait for the actual smash bros in your region but I'm not sure if that will even update. It may have to be an even newer game.

The problem I have is that I now can't switch between 60hz and 50hz (why does ssbx only work in 50hz) but I can change that by loading up a gamecube game with 50hz/60hz switch and changing it from there.

I also can't change the internet access settings so that's a bit dissapointing. I guess I'll just have to wait for a first party game to be released in europe which could be ages.

I'm hoping that a game like boogie which contains updates for things like microphones might work even though it was an older update but not a necessary one.

Ciderax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tell me if that works out for you, isnt the internet access settings available within games? or do you still get an opera error when you try to access it in a game?

my internet works fine right now in games. I'm set up for now, but if my router settings gets reset I hope that doesn't cause a problem when I have to reconnect it.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually I just used gamecube games to set my wii from 60hz to 50hz but because the game runs slow I can't seem to find a way to set it back after disabling flicker, using gamecube games doesn't work as it does for changing to 50hz mode

Ciderax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about the wi-fi settings are you able to set them up using a game? instead of the configuration menu?

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys bricked your wii's. Should have read the topics in full, all of the warnings and ways to avoid bricking your wii were in there.

No you can't edit wifi settings from a game. And the US SSBB may not fix it because you already have the SSBB firmware now.
The next big US game with an update should fix it though. Maybe Mario kart?

Ciderax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys bricked your wii's. Should have read the topics in full, all of the warnings and ways to avoid bricking your wii were in there.

No you can't edit wifi settings from a game. And the US SSBB may not fix it because you already have the SSBB firmware now.

yeah, like I said.. very anxious ignorant mistake.
frown.gif
I'm sure hoping mario kart will have a firmware to fix it. or at least someday when people start making homebrew programs, maybe they'd make a fix heh...

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I didn't read the warnings because there weren't any at the time.

Well???? So didnt they have 3.1U/E when installing brawl???
Or what?
I did, so I don't know why I got bricked. I religiously update to the latest firmware via wifi before ever applying any updates from games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh