SSBB not running

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Maav, Jul 19, 2009.

Jul 19, 2009

SSBB not running by Maav at 4:07 AM (953 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Maav
    OP

Newcomer Maav Advanced Member

Brazil
    I bought a SSBB and it wasn't running, when I tried to change it twice, then tried to download the ISO and burn it, all attempts failed. I guess it's a problem on the modchip, but everything else runs well. Before changing the first time, I used the BannerBomb method, and installed HBC and DVDX in it (using hackmii), because I was using 4.0U, And then I have some questions:

1. Would the problem be the modchip or software related? I didn't install any cIOS, or nothing like that, only hbc and dvdx through hackmii.
    2. Would it be BRICKED in case I try to update to 4.1?
    3. If the problem is the modchip, where can I buy one at a good price, and with a shipping to Brasil? (LOLYEAH, IT'S WITH S >.>)

Thanks in advance.

2. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Lots of early model Wiis had problems with dual layer games. SSBB is one of those few dual layer games. Some Wiis refused to play the game outright, others developed problems later on, yours may be one of the latter.

If all else fails, it should be able to run via USB loader or by cutting the game down to fit on a single layer DVD5 (there are loads of guides to do this)

3. sean0007

Newcomer sean0007 Advanced Member

Canada
    Could be the laser is dirty, since that is known to cause issues with dual layer games.

4. pm_41

Member pm_41 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nintendo does make disc drive laser cleaning kits for the Wii. [​IMG]

5. Maav
    OP

Newcomer Maav Advanced Member

Brazil
    I bought it burned as DVD5 already. And is there anyway to run it on a 4gb pen drive?

6. GideonB

Newcomer GideonB Newbie

United Kingdom
    To run it on a pen drive, you would need 8GB pen drive due to the fact all single layer Wii .iso files are 4.37gb when you download and extract it.

7. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    WTF? You bought a DVD5-Version? Burned? How much did you payed? If you paid more than 1$, you've been scammed...

And no, there isn't a way to do that. Get a bigger HD/Stick.