berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I'm not to keen on downloading 8000 mb so I would say leave out all the movies and just give us the fighting bit. Then we all download the game, fight a bit, rave about the nice graphics and cool moves. bla bla bla... and then finally we can go on with our lives!

Scribbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder how big/small the ISO will be. I have a feeling that it won't be able to be DVD5-ised without cutting A LOT of Subspace Emissary movies.

7.5gb. Trying to DVD5 it's going to be pretty futile.

Eugh.

Well, one thing they could cut is the "alternate FMVs" in the Subspace Emissary. i.e. when you save either Peach or Zelda. I also personally wouldn't mind if they cut all the FMVs we've already seen on the DOJO

Kyuketsuki_M

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I picked this game yesterday on my lunch break...it's a pity I'm so busy at work
cry.gif

OMG this game looks good, sounds good and....I'm not going to type so much. I'm going to get back to playing!

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wonder how big/small the ISO will be. I have a feeling that it won't be able to be DVD5-ised without cutting A LOT of Subspace Emissary movies.

7.5gb. Trying to DVD5 it's going to be pretty futile.

Eugh.

Well, one thing they could cut is the "alternate FMVs" in the Subspace Emissary. i.e. when you save either Peach or Zelda. I also personally wouldn't mind if they cut all the FMVs we've already seen on the DOJO

Why not cut all players, stages ant items except Fox and Final Destination while we are at it?
If you don´t want to download the full ISO, wait for the game to be released in your country and buy it.

Scribbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why not cut all players, stages ant items except Fox and Final Destination while we are at it?
If you don´t want to download the full ISO, wait for the game to be released in your country and buy it.

Except cutting out a few irrelevant videos is completely different from cutting out actual gameplay. Especially when you have to wait 3+ months for it to come out in your country. So what you said is rather silly.

Mr Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Except cutting out a few irrelevant videos is completely different from cutting out actual gameplay. Especially when you have to wait 3+ months for it to come out in your country. So what you said is rather silly.

...But to get everything to fit inside a single-layer DVD (witch i assume is Scribbl´s idea) you would have to cut more than just FMV´s. I´d like to have the complete game, not just a damn piece of it!

frenrihr

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

...But to get everything to fit inside a single-layer DVD (witch i assume is Scribbl´s idea) you would have to cut more than just FMV´s. I´d like to have the complete game, not just a damn piece of it!
Agreed.

Scribbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

That's not something we know at this point. And if you want the complete game, no-one is stopping you. It would just be an option for people who want it.

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Do you see the flag below my name? Do you know where that country is? Yes, I also have to wait for the European release.
Have we picked around in the disc yet so we know what files it have yet? Do we know if the movies are pre-rendered or made from the game-engine? Do we know what protection the game has about checking files? Will the game crash if it can´t find a file it´s searching for? Do we know where the movies are? Do we know how big those movies are? Do we know where to split the game so it fits on 2 discs?

It´s not as simple as doing a search for *.fmv and delete those files and believe that it will work...

Scribbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Do you see the flag below my name? Do you know where that country is? Yes, I also have to wait for the European release.
Have we picked around in the disc yet so we know what files it have yet? Do we know if the movies are pre-rendered or made from the game-engine? Do we know what protection the game has about checking files? Will the game crash if it can´t find a file it´s searching for? Do we know where the movies are? Do we know how big those movies are? Do we know where to split the game so it fits on 2 discs?

It´s not as simple as doing a search for *.fmv and delete those files and believe that it will work...

Yes, I know that. Nowhere in my posts did I say that cutting FMVs would be a guaranteed solution. So stop preaching unnecessarily about people's preferences. All you did was make an unnecessary exaggeration when I made it clear that I had hoped that the 'bare minimum' would be all it would take to get it to DVD5. Key word is HOPED, and if you didn't notice, people are also hoping that the game dump will work on their modchips/regions/DL discs. All people can do now is speculate. And I assure you that I'm not the only person who wouldn't be all over a DVD5 release if it was somehow possible.

mark0217

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I don't know, if they're having trouble ripping the whole thing I pretty much doubt they'll be able to cut the FMVs out.

hackeruk

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont see y evey1 cant just download the 8gb game it wont take long think about the amount of people seeding it lol

RadicalWall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll tell you right now that we wont be able to remove the FMVs. At this point in the Wii-hacking scene we can't modify ISOs without breaking the encryption signature.
wiibrew said:
All in all, each sector includes enough information to trace itself back to the master SHA-1 hash table. As a result, the entire disc is effectively signed. If anything is changed, the Wii will immediately crash (if the master hash table has been updated), or it will crash when it reads any sector in the modified group (if the group tables have been updated), any sector in the modified subgroup (if the subgroup tables have been updated), or any modified sector if no SHA-1s were updated.

It's a great step that we can now unencrypt the ISOs however we can't yet REencrypt the ISOs.

Either get a DVD9 or import it.

Timbaman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Because the dump they have right now is a bad one. It hangs on certain movies, locks up etc.
They won't release a bad dump as it will hurt their status in the scene.
A D5 release wouldn't work, because the game would miss certain files, and thus lock up again.
So all we have to do is wait and be patient, and be thankful for them working their butts of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica