ssbb dvd5

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by FamineMK, Oct 30, 2008.

Oct 30, 2008

ssbb dvd5 by FamineMK at 3:52 PM (1,284 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. FamineMK
    OP

Newcomer FamineMK Member

United States
    Here's my problem... I ran this patch which changes my dvd9 to dvd5 http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=780...p;#entry1024105 using vv_'s fst.bin (v2)

After burning with either Nero, or Imgburn at various speeds I get an error of "DVD" and then the rest of the sentence runs over itself. I've been working on this since the release of the .3 loader, so it isn't something I spent 15 minutes on and ran for help. It's got me stumped. As its the first backup I am trying to load I'm not sure if its the media, the trucha signing, or some combination of multiple other issues.

using fujifilm dvd+r with the booktype changed to dvd-rom

I have uninstalled my cios249 and installed the new one that came with v.3beta loader... Wads still install just fine so I am pretty sure it isn't an issue with the signing of the disk, I just wish I knew what the error actually said so I could trouble shoot it better. let me know if I need to provide more information... any help?

2. FamineMK
    OP

Newcomer FamineMK Member

United States
    bump, to add I looked through the sourcecode to see if I could tell what error the launcher was giving me, no such luck.

3. dajavax

Member dajavax GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    umm the game is about 8 GB... no way it can fit in a SL DVD (DVD5)... get a DL DVD (DVD9)... or if the problem is the burner you'll have to get a DL burner... that program you say you used probably compresses a movie (takes quality off) so it can fit a SL DVD... but this is not a movie...

4. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    @ dajavax it IS possible.

5. Sythe2o0

Newcomer Sythe2o0 Newbie

United States
    I've faced a similar issue; probably the same thing. The idea that it might be too big for the disk is probably the cause, as when I tried to use the basic burning function on a file in question that was just slightly over 4.37 (I find it odd that it was, actually. You'd think it'd be the perfect size if it was only off by as little as it was), it would give me the DVD error that overlaps characters. I wasn't able to solve the problem and gave up on it, but when you say you can still make it work, could you explain?

6. GhostSonic

Member GhostSonic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think you have to scrub it with an old version of wii scrubber first, THEN patch it. That's how I did it and it's working just fine for me.

7. dajavax

Member dajavax GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    yeah i think it might be possible maybe... but im pretty sure the program he used is for dvd movies... maybe someone converted this game to dvd5... i don't know... what i do know is if there is a tool to do this... it will be specifically for wii games... or ssbb as it's the only DL game... maybe there is a converted version somewhere?

EDIT: ohh ok i just saw he added what tutorial he used... it must work then... mm i wonder why it doesnt

8. GhostSonic

Member GhostSonic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    DVD 5 brawl is just brawl with the first layer, it's been done ever sense the ISO was Japanese ISO was made public. Unpatched, SSE will not work. But with the patch, it does (with some FMV's missing, replaced with another one)

9. FamineMK
    OP

Newcomer FamineMK Member

United States
    Turns out it is a media issue. A different ISO also crapped out with the same disks while I got another set of disks to work. I haven't had ne luck with the fujifilm dvd's... Maxell is a different story for the DVD+R DL's... They work fine and were on sale @ office depot.