Hacking SSBB decent hackers needed

nutta_nic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
well the whole problem is you are testing this on a pal machine and the game is ntsc... that's a whole different problem...

@SaitoKojima : do you confirm that the situation is like above?

he confirms it in this topic http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=177...p;#entry2226572

and yes dippy, thats what i was tring to say i just couldnt get the words out of my head and onto the screen, so thanks for the help
smile.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
boy... thats true how do you apply indiana pwn without a system menu...To bad there wasnt a way to run the SAVE GAME INSTALLER by waninkoko you use with ACtoolkit and stuff...At least if you could run a boot.dol we could help you out and so the SMASHSTACK isnt cutting it i ask this....

What about GALAXY OVERFLOW? (by comex i think) heres a vid by wiird hacker Hetoan
wink.gif

Links i found quick because im not sure wtf the official site is for this 1???
http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploads/ice...ii_overflow.bin
http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploads/ice...galaxystuff.zip

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: well that cleared that up quick lmao thank you Linuxares

to be honest i dont know if it just requires you to have the file in the root or if it requires a system menu or savedata files i havent even looked but i know icefires repository had the files and i knew one of my hacking buddy's heatoan has tried it because i saw the vid...maybe you could get it to boot?

Just be patient bro and wiipower or one of the guru we are blessed with here on gbatemp will surely be able to provide a bit of clarification as to how to use it and IF IT CAN EVEN BE USED in your case. I just noticed we have considerd a few exploits in the thread for descussion and this came to mind
wink.gif
sorry i cant help more but someone will be along im sure bud
smile.gif

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Read about it on some site that it might actually BRICK your Wii. How true this is, I don't know.
Some comments on Youtube say that use "Walk on walls" cheat to make it easier to execute (Well duh, you need a hacked wii for that already so its kind of useless)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
This would be totally useless, if you have a modchip and are able to autoboot any patched game, you can just autoboot a WAD Manager or LoadMii disc.

QUOTE(Dippy1981 @ Sep 26 2009, 05:47 PM) You can't "just autoboot a WAD Manager or LoadMii disc" if you don't have the Trucha bug on your system.

The whole point of this thread (correct me if I'm wrong nutta_nic) is to see if there's some way of removing the NTSC SSBB autoboot check protection so that Smashstack can be used with it as an unbricking tool.

[...]

Ah i forgot, it's only trucha signed when you do that manually(attention WiiScrubber does it automatically, Trucha Signer not). I forgot about that, then it will work as soon as somebody patches that check out of the .dol. Or if the PAL version does not have this issue, if you use the PAL .dol in an NTSC .iso.

Indiana Pwns looks more interesting for this. Copy the savegame to your Wii and then you can use *this* method to unbrick as long as 1. you did not install a nintendo update that removes the savegame and 2. you are able to autoboot the disc(don't know if that's modchip only).

nutta_nic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
WiiPower said:
This would be totally useless, if you have a modchip and are able to autoboot any patched game, you can just autoboot a WAD Manager or LoadMii disc.

QUOTE(Dippy1981 @ Sep 26 2009, 05:47 PM) You can't "just autoboot a WAD Manager or LoadMii disc" if you don't have the Trucha bug on your system.

The whole point of this thread (correct me if I'm wrong nutta_nic) is to see if there's some way of removing the NTSC SSBB autoboot check protection so that Smashstack can be used with it as an unbricking tool.

[...]

Ah i forgot, it's only trucha signed when you do that manually(attention WiiScrubber does it automatically, Trucha Signer not). I forgot about that, then it will work as soon as somebody patches that check out of the .dol. Or if the PAL version does not have this issue, if you use the PAL .dol in an NTSC .iso.

Indiana Pwns looks more interesting for this. Copy the savegame to your Wii and then you can use *this* method to unbrick as long as 1. you did not install a nintendo update that removes the savegame and 2. you are able to autoboot the disc(don't know if that's modchip only).

AN IDEA FINALLY!!!

soooo a pal main.dol in the ntsc iso, SaitoKojima needs to try this, or will it black screen for him like the dvd5 versions because he has no Trucha?
was that your point?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You have 2 choices when you change the main.dol:
Trucha sign it, and it will require the trucha bug
or
not trucha sign it, and it won't work at all

I think the autoboot patch works because it does not change stuff that is inside a partition.

SaitoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I did the stuff to try and Autoboot Brawl on my "Banner Bricked" Wii with USA version, I did stuff with "trucha bugging" and whatnot since a few members supplied me with the stuff to do it.

Still wouldn't work, and gave me the "Please Insert Super Smash Bros Brawl Game Disc" message.

DVD5 version just goes to a "An Error has occurred" disc read screen.

Still waiting for a PAL Smash Stack, which is probably the best idea. :/

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SaitoKojima said:
When I did the stuff to try and Autoboot Brawl on my "Banner Bricked" Wii with USA version, I did stuff with "trucha bugging" and whatnot since a few members supplied me with the stuff to do it.

Still wouldn't work, and gave me the "Please Insert Super Smash Bros Brawl Game Disc" message.

DVD5 version just goes to a "An Error has occurred" disc read screen.

Still waiting for a PAL Smash Stack, which is probably the best idea. :/

When you are able to read a trucha signed backup, you can just read a WAD Manager disc!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And a patched SSBB starts???

If the patched SSBB starts, you can try to put the WAD Manager .dol as main.dol into the iso, maybe that works for you.

SaitoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bumping this because this is mandatory.

Seriously, does no one else but me see the amazing potential a PAL version SmashStack has for fixing people's bricked Wii's?

Hell, it's the only way mine can ever get fixed, that's for sure. >_>

SaitoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Indiana Pwnz requires a Wii that can go into the System Menu, DUH!!!!!!!

I've said it once, I said it again, and now I'll say it one last fucking time to get it through.

EXPLOITS THAT REQUIRE THE USE OF A HACKED SAVE FILE CANNOT BE DONE ON THIS WII BECAUSE IT SHOWS A "System files are corrupt" SCREEN RIGHT AFTER THE HEALTH AND SAFETY SCREEN!

A PAL SMASH STACK IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET MY WII FIXED!

I'm pretty damn sure SOMEBODY on this forum can do this. >_>

SaitoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It already did happen to me, that is my current Wii Brick situation.

And it's been bricked since July 6th, so imagine how annoyed I am. >_>

Especially when NOW all the good shit is coming out for the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom