SRAM issues

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by 8bitguru, Aug 26, 2010.

Aug 26, 2010

SRAM issues by 8bitguru at 10:21 PM (1,213 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. 8bitguru
    OP

Newcomer 8bitguru Newbie

Canada
    I am presently using cyclods 1.58 stable firmware and GBA exploader .58b. My 3in1 has the EZ5c3 serial and is dated 2008.

I have attempted to load Fire Red into first NOR and then PSRAM and received the error "SRAM save datanot found can't process to save file". I attempted the saving a file in FF Dawn of souls using the same methods as stated above and received the same error message, when I continue to load the game after receiving this error, should I attempt to save in game, I receive "Save Failed". After extensive googling of keywords and reading of these forums, I came to the conclusion that either I either needed a patch for the file in question or that my 3in1's battery was dead. that this error occurs when I attempt to load any file, and that all of the .gba files used to work correctly would lead me to believe that it was indeed NOT the files requiring a patch but the battery being dead. I ran the sramtest to ascertain as to whther this was so and found that the utility could not write to sram or the .gba file (perhaps my methodology of running the test was improper? I followed the instructions in the accompanying readme, which were not remarkably articulate, ie. what am I supposed to do with the .gba file?) afterwards assuming this to be the work of a dead battery, I followed the guide posted by Haircut regarding replacing a battery. The results of the sram test now allow me to write to sram but still cannot write to the test .gba file.

I am uncertain as to whether this is an issue of software compatibility and the version of 3in1 I am using, a sudden unexplained hardware fault in my sram, a battery issue or another yet to be determined issue. If anyone can offer any insight as to the nature of my problem, more specifically how I can fix it, I would be most obliged. I did not see any other forum posts specifically dealing with this issue, hopefully I have not posted out of place.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    It came with a dead battery, end of discussion. replace the battery yourself or send the 3in1 back for a replacement.

3. 8bitguru
    OP

Newcomer 8bitguru Newbie

Canada
    Apologies, I seem to have neglected to mention it worked perfectly for almost a year, when I mentioned "the .gba files used to work correctly" also, I have replaced the battery to absolutely no effect (This is what I had tried to imply when I mentioned that I followed Haircut's excellent guide on the subject).

Care to venture another guess? It would seem odd if I were the only person to suffer such an incident...

4. 8bitguru
    OP

Newcomer 8bitguru Newbie

Canada
    So, as an addendum I have checked my files and they are not the problem, I have the save issue in any game requiring a save, in either PSRAM or NOR mode. The battery reads fine on my meter as well, I tested it twice. Does anyone have anything to suggest, or IS this the "end of story" [​IMG]

5. 8bitguru
    OP

Newcomer 8bitguru Newbie

Canada
    Well, I did eventually give up on having anyone actually read my posts and offer worthwhile analysis of my situation, and just went and bought a new one.

So, for the record? it would seem that my EZ flash cart 3in1 was shipped to me with a dead battery, it then went on to work perfectly (though inexplicably) for about a year and then finally it's long dead battery caught up with it and it showed the effects of it's having being shipped to me as defective merchandise, by stopping to function. I would have puzzled over this for countless longer hours had I not had the crack deduction skills of people reading my post thoroughly and offering logical analysis.

The moral of this story? don't expect anything for free...or something. Anyway, we can kill this thread I guess, nothing to be gleaned from it.