Gaming Square-Enix did it again...

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be alright with even if it had only english! :D
Games in portuguese are quite rare, and usually they use Portugal's portuguese, wich is far different than Brazilian portuguese!
For me, it's easier to understand spanish than Portugal's portuguese! :P
See? That's why It's so hard to make multi-language stuff. You got like 2 versions of Portuguese right there.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
See? That's why It's so hard to make multi-language stuff. You got like 2 versions of Portuguese right there.

And how many english versions do we have?
British, American, Canadian, Australian, Indian, New-Zelandish, and a lot more that I could spend a whole day talking about!
I agree it's hard! But if we followed that there wouldn't be any multi-language games!

Reactions: 1 person

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country

And how many english versions do we have?
British, American, Canadian, Australian, Indian, New-Zelandish, and a lot more that I could spend a whole day talking about!
I agree it's hard! But if we followed that there wouldn't be any multi-language games!

I'm pretty sure those all fall under one category regarding game languages.

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country

No, usually there are USA version, European version and Australian version.
Each one has a different english, more appropriate to it's region!

You've got it wrong. It's due to region lock not your stupid theory.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Region Lock?! Really?!
Then tell me, why does this still apply to consoles that never had region lock!
It comes since the start of videogames!

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country

Region Lock?! Really?!
Then tell me, why does this still apply to consoles that never had region lock!
It comes since the start of videogames!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_lockout

Scroll down to "Reasons for Regional Lockout" then shut up and stop complaining.

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
http://en.wikipedia....egional_lockout

Scroll down to "Reasons for Regional Lockout" then shut up and stop complaining.

Are you that desperate?!
I already shown you this is far older than Regional Lockout!
I guess you don't have any argument at all, do you? :creep:

You didn't show me anything, all you said was "It comes since the start of videogames!" and how is that desperate? I was showing you a link with reasons why regional lockout happens.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You didn't show me anything, all you said was "It comes since the start of videogames!" and how is that desperate? I was showing you a link with reasons why regional lockout happens.

You used a source that has nothing to do with the case, and already been offensive since you started commenting!
For me that looked that you're desperate because you did not have this knowlege,
you started being offensive trying to intimidate me to not prove how you were wrong and
now you started changing the subject!

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country

You used a source that has nothing to do with the case, and already been offensive since you started commenting!
For me that looked that you're desperate because you did not have this knowlege,
you started being offensive trying to intimidate me to not prove how you were wrong and
now you started changing the subject!

If I was being offensive I would of called you stupid, not your theory. And my link was explaining to YOU why regional lockout is used. Your idea that a game is released with different english variations for different regions is still wrong.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

There's only one style used.
In most games released in the UK, you still have US english, although in some games they actually change it, in most they don't bother, it's still english.
Also, you say it's easier for you to read spanish than portugal's portuguese? Now that's really decadent, I have several brasilian friends and all of them can read and understand it just fine, it's the same friggin language, just a few words change.

Anyway, when a game is translated, they mainly use the European counterparts (for multi-language), mainly since it's like the origin so to say, for spanish you have Spain's and not Mexico's or Argentina's (yeah, they're different) and in the rare chance a game is translated in portuguese, it's translated in european Portuguese, since the localisation is meant for Europe, not elsewhere.

Point is, Australia doesn't get a localisation in their english, it uses the same english an European copy does, if the game in the UK uses american english, then they get american english, if it uses british, then they get british, it works like that. Simple, right? :3

pyromaniac is right on this one, so you shouldn't argue when you're on the wrong. z.z

Leeg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
NTSC games with Spanish have a different Spanish from the one spoken in Spain. For example: Wii Kirby's return to dreamland.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There's only one style used.
In most games released in the UK, you still have US english, although in some games they actually change it, in most they don't bother, it's still english.
Also, you say it's easier for you to read spanish than portugal's portuguese? Now that's really decadent, I have several brasilian friends and all of them can read and understand it just fine, it's the same friggin language, just a few words change.

Anyway, when a game is translated, they mainly use the European counterparts (for multi-language), mainly since it's like the origin so to say, for spanish you have Spain's and not Mexico's or Argentina's (yeah, they're different) and in the rare chance a game is translated in portuguese, it's translated in european Portuguese, since the localisation is meant for Europe, not elsewhere.

Point is, Australia doesn't get a localisation in their english, it uses the same english an European copy does, if the game in the UK uses american english, then they get american english, if it uses british, then they get british, it works like that. Simple, right? :3

pyromaniac is right on this one, so you shouldn't argue when you're on the wrong. z.z

I didn't say anything about read!
I said about hearing!

Your accent is quite different from ours,
Our portuguese when talked is a little bit slower, more silabic separated and the air division is longer!
It's probably easier for a Poortuguese to understand a Brazilian than the oposite!I can understand, but that require a little bit more attention!
Reading it is perfectly fine to understand, although it's very different!

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i don't think it's much of a problem for italians anyway, many people here speak english (2nd language) and french
and it's not like the italian localization was ever good (nobodies became litterally nessuno and unversed became an unsensed nesciens wtf?)
the only one that was decent in italian was kh1.

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
demotivational-posters-sexy.jpg

It really seems SE is going to drop translations to spanish and italian for Japanese games. Maybe it's to avoid bad translations.

Heroes of Ruin was developed in the London studio of Square Enix, that would explain multi-5. Idk if it was released in Japan though.

Leeg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It really seems SE is going to drop translations to spanish and italian for Japanese games. Maybe it's to avoid bad translations.

Most videogames are translated correctly, at least in Spanish, I don't know how Italians are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.