XP
Country
Canada
hey guys
kiafazool here
i have 2 acekard2i's
1 has a spring loaded microsd slot
and the other doesn't

i can keep either one and give one to my cousin and wanted to ask which one i should keep
the spring loaded or not-spring loaded one?

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not-spring loaded, it will give you less problems.

And mine is sort of a dual mix: it can do spring, but you can also insert it without pushing it down to lock spring.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I imagine it's the same as:

linkinworm said:
tk_saturn said:
I believe that many of those which don't have springs, do actually have springs. I imagine there will be some that are shipped with the MicroSD card slot in the locked position like in the post above, if it arrived in that position you might never realise it was actually spring loaded.

If I were a retailer i'd probably ship them all in that state, it would atleast stop the returns until after you could fob them off.
turns out it was like this lol. ah well, i just havnt released the spring. but tbh, i have all the games on my card that i want so i dont need to keep taking it out anyway

Or the spring has simply broken in one of the carts.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd keep the Spring Loaded, I like the spring loaded slot. If you choose to do so, you can always use it as a non-springloaded cart.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
Blastoise said:
Keep non spring loaded. Less problems bullshitting around if the spring breaks.
if the spring breaks
does it turn into a non-spring loaded
Depends on how and what breaks, if/when it breaks.

You could get lucky and the spring pops off 'gently' and doesn't cause problems.
You could be unlucky and the spring breaks off and catches on your MicroSD so you can't remove it.

Either way, if it breaks off you'll probably want to remove the spring to prevent any further damage/complications and to do that you'll need to open the case (it is glued) which is a pain.

All in all, I'd say keep the spring loaded one, but don't use the spring loader.
Just push the MicroSD in so that the spring loader locks, then slide the MicroSD out.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The firs HW81 cart I had never had a spring and it never had contact issues. You could bump the DS quite hard and the game would keep running. After that one got mauled by the dog the new spring loaded HW81 cart has been a bit touchy. It required a piece of card immediately and still screws up after a hard bump.

The spring / no spring thing might be coincidental but there you are.

I would keep whichever one can take a decent knock without locking up or giving a black screen.

ryuk93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend keeping the non-spring loaded I'm currently looking for my micro-sd card that luanched from the cart last night.

Irock23

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Coolman3428.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
If the spring never worked, it may be because it was never released, when I got my acekard I thought it was supposed to be spring loaded and it appeared to not be, but for some reason I pushed it in really hard and then it released and I could use the spring, you might want to try this.

d3monsting

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Non spring loaded is what I would keep. If the spring in the other somehow gets damaged, you'll have a lot of problems that are difficult to solve.
EDIT: Forgot my smiley.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-