Hacking spring-loaded microSD slot or not spring-loaded?

unggoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
which is better, spring-loaded or not?..

i'm thinking of getting either one of the following:
edge (which is not spring-loaded)
DSTT (spring-loaded, might be cheaper than the edge here in our country, i'm not from US btw)
SC DS-1 (which i've read is better but i'm put off by the spring-loaded microSD slot on it)

i also want to know if the spring-loaded slots breaks easily?.. and if so, then i will just get the edge which is not.. thanks for any opinions or suggestions.. ciao..

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
There is no difference. Spring-loaded carts just hold the microSD for security. Other than that, it doesn't matter.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Since I only have a Scds1 and a Acekard 2 I can't say much about the others, but I've had my Scds1 for almost a year and the spring haven't shown any signs of giving up yet.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Out of my 7 flashcarts, 4 have a spring-loaded uSD slot. All still work good. My first-batch R4 is the oldest and has been used the most and still works great (despite so many other people having problems with the spring on this particular cart.) I believe if you are careful there will be no problems.

unggoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the spring on my R4 broke down just minutes after i got mine, but that was when the R4 was still newly released.. i was very careful by that time but maybe i just got unlucky.. and now my R4 wont almost work anymore (i removed the spring off).. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.. it depends on the angle the microSD is inserted on it.. theres a certain angle it works & the microSD kinda sticks out a little on the right side while the left side is flushed slightly deeper.. thats why im now hesitant about buying spring-loaded carts as i might get a low-quality cart again.. maybe i will just go with the edge to be sure?.. good idea, no?..

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Minox_IX said:
I haven't actually heard of anyone using a Scds1 that has problems with a broken spring...
Ditto here, but the R4 DS spring breaks easily, But they don't sell spring loaded ones anymore, and you shouldn't buy a R4 anyways.

unggoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ferrariman said:
Minox_IX said:
I haven't actually heard of anyone using a Scds1 that has problems with a broken spring...
Ditto here, but the R4 DS spring breaks easily, But they don't sell spring loaded ones anymore, and you shouldn't buy a R4 anyways.
so did u removed the spring already?..

ariolander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well its not the springs that are at fault. Not all springs are bad. I have had my spring loaded M3 Slot 2 device for like 2 1/2 years and it is fine. Its certain companies that use cheap springs that are an issue.

Also the Edge is great and while I was talking to my local flashcard dealer (w00t don't have to buy online!) he said while he mentioned that yea springs are an issue for R4s. Part of the reason he recommended the EDGE to me. Has yet to have had one returned and certainly not because of springs.

unggoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i cant make up my mind.. so im just gonna get both the edge & supercard ds one v3 then.. ive also wanted to get the dsTT but ive read that the supercard ds one v3 can boot the dsTT's OS so im just gonna get the supercard ds one v3 instead.. thanks for all the help.. so far i havent read any problems regarding the supercard ds one's spring, unlike the R4's, so i think it's just the quality of the spring then.. thank you so much.. ciao..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou