Gaming Spotting Legit Pokemon

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
not.

some non-legit pokemon are easy to spot(stuff like ho-oh with water gun), but dumped&cloned pokemon are exactly the same as legit pokemon.
also, non-legit pokemon can be made to look exactly like legit ones.

check stats, attacks, and original map to see if it's a clear hack or not.(you can compare some stuff from serebii.net)

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A pokemon granted from a 'fake' copy of an event-granter is totally and completely indistinguishable from one granted by a legit one. And even fakes made in other ways can be made completely legit-looking in every way, if the creator is careful.

Like the post above says, all you can do is look for details that are wrong, things that are set up the way a legit one could never be -- wrong stats, from the wrong place, etc. But of course someone knowledgeable who makes a fake can set all that up to look legit.

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the one way I know is a legit checker, people who use pokesav are familiar with it, I use it and check every pokemon I have and can identify every fake I have ever gotten

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
It's pretty hard to tell nowadays. Ever since online trading was introduced, it's been hard to tell which Pokes are real and which are created. Just look fr the most basic signs: where it was caught, OT, moves, IVs and EVs.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only hope they messed up, if they have even the slightest idea of what they're doing, they can make it look completely legit using PokeSAV.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
em2241992 said:
Well the one way I know is a legit checker, people who use pokesav are familiar with it, I use it and check every pokemon I have and can identify every fake I have ever gotten
...you mean you can identify every fake you're aware of having gotten. Or, to put it more bluntly, you can identify every fake that you have identified.
tongue.gif

XxOblivion77

Trophies
Website
www.vgdistrict.com
XP
Country
Canada
ChewyLou said:
The only way to REALLY know if a pokemon is legit is to catch it yourself, as non-legit pokemon can be created to look legal.

Yep. You can't even tell if you opened the Pokemon with Pokesav. However, with event Pokemon, you can check it's legitness even further with Legality Checker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-