Hacking Question Splitting NSP files for FAT32

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What am I doing wrong? Using nspdivider. Got the folder ready for archiving, reduced name of the folder if its too long but can't get the nsps to install. Not my sd card, I went and downloaded all the nsp files over again. But same problem. Got all the way to 100% installed but failed right at the end of Onimusha Warlords. Then tried World of Final Fantasy Maxima and when I got into homebrew menu the switch goes black with error code 2168-0002:(Can someone please help me out? Or direct me to a file with these two games already split or trimmed and can be easily installed? Thanks in advance.

Just used my exfat microsd and placed the full files up there and they worked perfectly. I know now that I'm doing something wrong with nspdivider. Please help someone.

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What am I doing wrong? Using nspdivider. Got the folder ready for archiving, reduced name of the folder if its too long but can't get the nsps to install. Not my sd card, I went and downloaded all the nsp files over again. But same problem. Got all the way to 100% installed but failed right at the end of Onimusha Warlords. Then tried World of Final Fantasy Maxima and when I got into homebrew menu the switch goes black with error code 2168-0002:(Can someone please help me out? Or direct me to a file with these two games already split or trimmed and can be easily installed? Thanks in advance.

Just used my exfat microsd and placed the full files up there and they worked perfectly. I know now that I'm doing something wrong with nspdivider. Please help someone.
Please use this Python script to split your files (sets the archive bit in Windows automatically):
https://github.com/lordelan/n1dus/tree/master/tools

Then try to install the split NSP with n1dus:
https://github.com/lordelan/n1dus/releases

Always worked for me. :)

Reactions: Supreme23

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Why not just use USB installation? It's so much easier than copying/splitting nsp files to the SD card. No need to take out the SD card from your Switch, no need to turn off the console. Makes your life easy! This is what I use, but there are other apps which do the same:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fluffy-a-tinfoil-and-goldleaf-gui.528930/

Reactions: Supreme23

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So when you're using Fluffy to install .nsps you don't have to deal with the whole exfat microSD formatting thing, right?
You should still be using FAT32 but yeah it doesn't matter.
Each games are separated into chunks smaller than 4 GB natively by Horizon anyway, no matter if you install them through eShop, DevMenu or any homebrew installer.
USB installation does that on the fly so you won't have any files larger than 4 GB on your SD at any time, even if you install Smash or BotW.

In other words: USB installing games works wonderfully on FAT32.

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just use USB installation? It's so much easier than copying/splitting nsp files to the SD card. No need to take out the SD card from your Switch, no need to turn off the console. Makes your life easy! This is what I use, but there are other apps which do the same:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fluffy-a-tinfoil-and-goldleaf-gui.528930/

Going to try this with sx os. I want to be able to use the cheat searcher with my games without worrying about corrupting my sd.

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally figured out what it was (white blocks, crashing upon entering hbmenu, unknown developer). Went back to 2.5.2 and installing works now. Was on 2.5.3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol