Splatoon Switch Hype Thread!

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Bubsy Bobcat, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Bubsy Bobcat
    OP

Bubsy Bobcat vegtebales

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    [​IMG]
    It seems Switch game hype threads are becoming a thing soo, who's looking forward to the new Splatoon? From what the Switch reveal trailer showed it seems Inklings are now more customisable than before compared to Wii U's Splatoon (hairstyles and pants are now things that can customised as seen in the trailer) and you're not forced to use only a gamepad, as seen in the trailer they were playing with the new pro controller. Do you guys think this will be an updated version of the Wii U version or do you think it'll include a brand new single player mode? What do you want to see be included in the new game? (PLAYABLE OCTOLINGS OR RIOT)

vinipeix and KapuDaKoopa like this.
  2. Coc4tm

Coc4tm WIP Nintendo hacker.

Feb 12, 2016
    France
    fw.img
    I think it will be a Splatoon++ , with local multiplayer mode (like on the video) , more things ...

3. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Ooooo local multiplayer splatoon, that would be sweet!!!

4. smileyhead

smileyhead Bow ties are cool.

GBAtemp Patron
    smileyhead is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    I hope they add some of the compatible stuff in an update to Wii U (like the hairstyles and stages in Splatoon, and the double Item Slot and King Boo to Mario Kart 8).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I mean seriously, we need the double Item Slot in MK8. This is something I really hate about the game. It switched (heh) the gameplay over from "HOLY SH*T ITEMS EVERYWHERE" to "Grab a good defensive item and then race like you're playing Formula 1".

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  5. Kikirini

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

May 18, 2011
    United States
    Vermont, USA
    Very excited for this. I hope it's a sequel, but even if it is just an enhanced port I'll be happy. My Gamepad is starting to break, so a new system with a new Splatoon is exactly what I need.

6. vinipeix

vinipeix Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2015
    Brazil
    I'm wondering how the super jump will work since there's no second screen to tap

7. Zetman

Zetman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2016
    Italy
    It seems they want to launch splatoon in the competitive gaming, like league of legends

8. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    1-They removed it
    2-"Double screen" on the TV like a map

9. vinipeix

vinipeix Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2015
    Brazil
    I doubt they would remove it since it is a pretty important element of the multiplayer...
    And showing it on tv would make things difficult for us to select where to jump
    But who knows?

We'll have to wait and see

10. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    I had splatoon for a year, until two weeks ago when I sold it.

Barely touched it, just bought it for the sake of 5.3.2, played only one splatfest.

Ironically now that brazilian method is out I finally started giving it the attention I never gave when I had it legit.

What I expect from a switch splatoon is 4 player local multiplayer. 2v2 would be awesome.