ROM Hack Splatoon Modding Hub

Bkool999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7L8vkZ2.jpg

Welcome to the Splatoon Modding Hub! Here, you can find mods that you can use with Splatoon 2. For the original Splatoon, please visit the Wii U thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/splatoon-modding-hub.425670/

Warning
Nintendo is starting to BAN people who are using hacks in Splatoon 2. It's not known exactly what triggers these bans, so if you're doing any sort of hacking, please do it on an alt offline with no internet access or Nintendo Account tied to it. When we know more, we will try to clarify it as best we can. In the meantime, we highly recommend straying away from any sort of hacking, unless you follow what I said above. I would also apply this practice to all other games just to be on the safe side. Thank you for taking time to read this, and be smart online.

Important Notices!
  • Private Battle is no different than any other online mode to Nintendo, and they will still ban you for detected mods when they decide to implement banning measures.
  • Take caution with any edits you make that affect online directly, such as weapon edits. Nintendo might have added checks for mods like these and they could be dangerous.
Discord Server:
You should join our Discord server for important announcements, discussions, and help with mods!
(Read the rules in the #rules-and-links channel before posting! You are allowed to discuss any type of mod you want, but please don't ask for or distribute mods that are harmful inside the server.)

EDIT by Kools: This invite has been been removed.
Reason: This server has been on life support for way too long. Please direct any questions to this thread or elsewhere

Everything here should be safe as long as you follow the instructions and don't use these tools to make your stats invalid. Unless stated otherwise, everything here works on the latest version of the game (3.0.1 at the time of writing) and the current Switch firmware (5.0.2). It is highly recommended that you start blocking firmware updates from Nintendo! More info on blocking updates is available here: https://switch.hacks.guide/blocking-updates.html

Homebrew applications for modifying the game in ram and file replacement are not yet out, but we can modify certain aspects of the game using a PC and RCM mode on the Switch. As you would guess, save file edits persist in-game unless Nintendo adds a patch for to force a change back otherwise (such as playertype 4, which is a single player Octoling).

SdzM0No.png

Warning
Nintendo can start to detect invalid stats at any time (They may be doing so now). (For example, having a rank with a level under 10 or level 50 weapons/gear on a lower level account.) They can issue permanent bans for this if they choose to! We recommend that you do not go online with accounts that you've adjusted your stats/unlocks on unless you're positive that they are valid. As stated above, Splathex has a legality checkbox, which is still in beta, so please use with caution.

SplatHex is a utility made by @Leanny (aka Lean), which allows you to edit your gear's sub abilities. The features are as follows:
  • Gear Editor
    • list and edit all attributes for your gear freely (including main ability, but use with caution)
    • edit unlocked slots
    • add/delete gear from your inventory
  • Weapon Editor
    • list weapons and modify turf inkied
    • add/delete weapons from your inventory
  • Player Editor
    • modify your character
    • modify your options
    • modify your rank
    • modify your stats
  • Hero Mode Editor
    • modify all Story Mode options (Octo Expansion support is planned in the future)
  • Bulk Editor
    • unlocks all gear or all weapons
    • has an option to only unlock what you should legally own
  • Flag Editor
    • edits completion status of the game
  • Salmon Run Editor
    • edit your Salmon Run stats and loot boxes
  • Ticket/Chunk Editor
    • edit your tickets to use at the food truck
    • edit your ability chunks so use with Murch
Download: http://leanny.github.io/SplatHeX.html

To extract and restore your save file, use Checkpoint, created by @EventAssistant (aka BernardoGiordano): https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint/releases

Splatoon 2 updates may break compatibility with mods in SplatHex. If the program can't read your Splatoon 2 save file, check to see if there's a new version SplatHex available that is compatible.
Ban error codes:
  • TBD - temporary Splatoon 2 Nintendo Account ban, lose access to Splatoon 2 online multiplayer temporarily on banned Nintendo Account
  • TBD- permanent Splatoon 2 Nintendo Account ban, lose access to Splatoon 2 online multiplayer permanently on banned NNID
  • 2124-4027 - permanent Splatoon 2 ban, lose access to Splatoon 2 online multiplayer permanently on the console
  • 2124-4007 - permanent console ban, lose access to Nintendo Account services and online multiplayer permanently on the console
Thanks to:

Last edited by Bkool999,

Bkool999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Our mods aren't harmful to the game. Splathex was already out anyway, and we don't allow for dangerous mods to be posted inside the server.

Reactions: Anonymous42456

PuNKeMoN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude no, this makes me sick. Please dont do this!!!

I do not support ruining a game!

Yeah. I'm with you. What ever happened to playing a game to unlock everything? You know. The reason people buy games?

This is a cheat tool. Let's call it what it is. If it did actual mods there would be a level editor, character model editor, and so on. That would add value to the game. This just cheapens it for people who actually put time in.

And I don't even play Splatoon

YigglyPoof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude no, this makes me sick. Please dont do this!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I do not support ruining a game!
Yeah. I'm with you. What ever happened to playing a game to unlock everything? You know. The reason people buy games?

This is a cheat tool. Let's call it what it is. If it did actual mods there would be a level editor, character model editor, and so on. That would add value to the game. This just cheapens it for people who actually put time in.

I will never understand why people post in threads they dislike, and why people complain about hacking in the Switch Hacking section.

Anyways, looking forward to some cool offline customizations! I wanna be squidward :P

Reactions: DairyOrange

Bkool999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's $40/yr internet service be better be able to find y'all ok and ban you mofos for life. And if not, Nintendo better give back some refunds and 2 full free eshop games

Reactions: ZoNtendo

Bkool999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't, save edit is the *only* acceptable "mod", other things ruin the game and make the game useless.
I disagree. There are plenty of things that could be made that can be clientsided, such as ink, time of day, music, model edits, even playertype, plus more potential cliensided mods. We do not have eyes on ruining player experiences, I can promise you that. But I respect your opinion if that's what you think.

Last edited by Bkool999,

igivenup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Fundamentally disagree with the idea that I buy/play games to unlock things. Progression unlocks in multiplayer games tend to feel more frustrating than anything, imo. Take Overwatch for example. You don't need to unlock characters (Analogous with guns) and I still played the thing for 700 hours because the core gameplay loop is so fun. Unlocks just feel like a barrier to entry.

PuNKeMoN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fundamentally disagree with the idea that I buy/play games to unlock things. Progression unlocks in multiplayer games tend to feel more frustrating than anything, imo. Take Overwatch for example. You don't need to unlock characters (Analogous with guns) and I still played the thing for 700 hours because the core gameplay loop is so fun. Unlocks just feel like a barrier to entry.

Unlocks are a reward and incentive to continue playing.
There is absolutely no gratification when everything in a game is handed to the player at the beginning of the game.

igivenup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlocks are a reward and incentive to continue playing.
There is absolutely no gratification when everything in a game is handed to the player at the beginning of the game.
People with 3k hours in dota, no progression system there.
People like me with 700 in Overwatch, no progression system there.

The core gameplay loop is what should be the reward/incentive to keep playing. If you need progression to make your game worthwhile to play then you made a bad game.

Breeze926

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've put over 360 hours into Splatoon 2 and still don't have the gear I want because it's based on random chance. In my opinion, this is ok. It's not like you'll be winning based only on your gear abilities.

YuushiDaSuushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also, not all mods are harmful and ruin the game. E.G. A client side night mode and colorizer mod doesn't ruin the experience for other players. They can't even see it, for crying out loud.

PuNKeMoN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've put over 360 hours into Splatoon 2 and still don't have the gear I want because it's based on random chance. In my opinion, this is ok. It's not like you'll be winning based only on your gear abilities.

Sure, gear doesn't determine the win. Skill is involved. Skill that you develop from playing. 360 hours makes you good. 700 hours makes somebody else better.

If you play Pokémon competitively then I'd put money on you cheating just to get a shiny with perfect stats just because you "don't have time" for the random aspect, and trying use the same justification to feel better about it.

Using a code modifier to is not an honorable way to play any competitive game. It's ok to have a life and obligations outside of gaming. It's not ok to use those responsibilities as justification for cheating.

Special ulockables used to mean something. And those who had them held a feeling of accomplishment for their time invested.
Now because of tools like this special items don't equal shit.

Last edited by PuNKeMoN,

Breeze926

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sure, gear doesn't determine the win. Skill is involved. Skill that you develop from playing. 360 hours makes you good. 700 hours makes somebody else better.

If you play Pokémon competitively then I'd put money on you cheating just to get a shiny with perfect stats just because you "don't have time" for the random aspect, and trying use the same justification to feel better about it.

Using a code modifier to is not an honorable way to play any competitive game. It's ok to have a life and obligations outside of gaming. It's not ok to use those responsibilities as justification for cheating.

Special ulockables used to mean something. And those who had them held a feeling of accomplishment for their time invested.
Now because of tools like this special items don't equal shit.
Do you know how unlocking abilities works in Splatoon 2? That doesn't give a feeling of accomplishment. It's just tedious grinding and luck. The one piece of gear that I do have perfect when I finally got it it wasn't a "Yes! I did it" it was an "Ugghh...finally...now 2 more" For me it is not about saving time, it's about saving the tedium and playing Ranked instead of grinding tickets in the singleplayer.

P.S.: Reading back my comment sounds like I'm mad at you, I'm not. I'm just expressing how I feel. I hope you don't look at this the wrong way. :D

Reactions: Birdstar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night