Hacking Splatoon Modding Hub

Has this guide allowed you to successfully install Octohax?

• Yes

• No (If you choose this, please post errors, your process, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

MHFsilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've decided to test the color editor online for myself. Some people here say they got banned for it but after it was shown that some people who got banned were using other stuff as well, I decided I was going to test it myself. I went onto an alt and used the editor in ranked matches. However I didn't use the "Constant" checkbox as I felt maybe that had something to do with people being caught so I just used the colorize button to do it. Did 7 matches and didn't get banned. I'm going to wait a few hours then boot it up again to see but I did not get instantly banned. Will post updates later

Edit 1: What made me want to try this is on Sunday I played in a Splatoon tournament and one of the teams that my team played against was using the color editor (I watched his video) and he wasn't banned so I wanted to see myself

Edit 2: Talked with the guy who was using the editor in the tournament. He said he's been using it every day for weeks now with no ban so it's looking more likely that people who claimed to be banned for editing colors, were in fact doing other things and using the color editor as a coverup

Edit 3: After 2 hours, my alt is still not banned

Edit 4: 17 hours and my alt still isn't banned

Last edited by MHFsilver,

Wicked_1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I disagree and despite having only used the colorhack that could still be used for cheating by choosing colors which make it easier to detect enemies. That is cheating. Nintendo can in theory detect color hack even if it is clientside because during matches they have the addresses for your weapon and gear, and if they look in that location and see that any of the gear pieces or the weapon has a color that is not normally allowed they should temp-ban the user.

EDIT: Trying to craft the perfect gear is part of the game of Splatoon, creating the ultimate loadout is Splatoon's metagame imo and people just choosing what gear and abilities they want without working for it is certainly cheating. Enough trying to act like none of these hacks give advantages, they are cheating and should result in bans.

EDIT2: The moment Nintendo detects a NNID has used colorhax they should get temp-banned from public matches for up to a week. The moment Nintendo detects a NNID has used any other hack they should be perma-banned from public matches. Banned accounts should still be allowed to play private matches. Banned users should be allowed to make a new NNID and play public provided they never use hacks on the new NNID.

EDIT3: Is is possible to spawn enemies from singleplayer in multiplayer private matches? I'd love to use the superspeedbucket hack I saw in private matches against CPUs while still playing with humans. Kinda like a full customizable waves of enemies mode where players can fully control what their weapons do. It could still be competitive by setting it to Turf Wars and seeing who has the highest score at the end. Sure someone might be able to win by just painting the ground but the player who kills tons of enemies will probably win... Either way itd be a fun side gamemode
Hey fun police. How about you sit for 6 hours rolling abilities. Just saying. Think before you cast a stone.

Last edited by Wicked_1,

Sir TS Swoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the perfect clothing mod on the front page is missing the Traditional Headband and the Green Rain Boots. Explanation?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@HaloBenish You come into a Splatoon Modding Forum and then complain about Splatoon Modding...really? Are you for real? Is everything alright upstairs in your head meat?

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not like I was actually expecting people to stop using the mods, but I still feel I am entitled to share my thoughts on the matter with all of you. People claiming these mods don't count as cheating is no less crazy than someone complaining about Splatoon modding in a Splatoon modding thread.

Sir TS Swoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@HaloBenish I'm not claiming that it is fair. I am claiming that Nintendo is running Splatoon so wrong. From the way the stats work to the way ranks work to the way there are no regional servers. Nintendo doesn't know how to properly run a competitive shooting game. That's why I don't feel bad about modding Splatoon. Because all level and rank is just that, a number and a letter.

Arandompieceofcheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, another question, any clue what weapon the splattershot jr is in the param files?

EDIT: Also once I extract with SARC Tools how do I repack? I'm a little lost.
Extract: sarcextract.py static.pack
Pack: sarcpack.py static
As long as the py files are in the same folder as the .pack file and the extracted folder is named static(which it should be), putting these commands into a command window in the folder should work

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@HaloBenish I'm not claiming that it is fair. I am claiming that Nintendo is running Splatoon so wrong. From the way the stats work to the way ranks work to the way there are no regional servers. Nintendo doesn't know how to properly run a competitive shooting game. That's why I don't feel bad about modding Splatoon. Because all level and rank is just that, a number and a letter.
Modding Splatoon is fine with me provided people aren't using mods that give them an advantage in public matches. I should probably just stop posting in here though as this conversation is kinda going in circles..

Reactions: Sir TS Swoop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1