'Splatoon 3' release date revealed

splat 3.JPG

Nintendo revealed the release date for Splatoon 3 today and aired a new trailer for the occasion, showcasing the Turf War gameplay:

Enter the Splatlands, a sun-scorched desert inhabited by battle-hardened Inklings and Octolings. Splatsville, the city of chaos, is the adrenaline-fueled heart of this dusty wasteland.

Even in this desolate environment, Turf War* reigns supreme and battles rage in new stages located in the surrounding wilds. Dynamic new moves help these fighters dodge attacks and cover more ground, along with a new bow-shaped weapon to sling ink.

Join Agent 3 in a fight against the unruly Octarians in story mode. Discover the secrets of Alterna, the Fuzzy Ooze, and how they connect to the mode's theme, "Return of the Mammalians.”

Team up and fend off waves of dangerous Salmonid bosses in the next iteration of Salmon Run*, a co-op mode with fresh new features.

Splatoon 3 will launch on the Nintendo Switch this September 9th and is available to pre-order for $60 on the Switch eShop.

:arrow: SOURCE

SDA

Shame Yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sooner or later this had to happen. People were already yearning for a Splatoon 3 a few years ago (there even was a video showing fake Switch games where one of them was named "Splatoon Galaxy 3").

Their wish has now come true.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't the original Arms kind of quickly forgotten about? They're gonna make an Arms 2? Huh.

That game felt like a polished clone of Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi/Xenoverse and I enjoyed it, but it did get repetitive.
I wouldn't say "quickly forgotten" Nintendo have featured it in competition just like smash bros and splatoon open tournaments. I'm sure they probably realized the mistake in the games design (or I least hope they understand the lack of content for the game... and how unlocking random arms is counter productive for competitive play)

IF... there is a Arms 2. Surely it would be more worth paying for. :ninja:

Reactions: Marc_LFD

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
I'll be looking forward to hear from all those who has been throwing shit at Nintendo, saying XC3 was being pushed to July because Splatton 3 was gonna be delayed till 2023 because they are a shitty company and all the usual bla bla bla from thr average Nintendo haters.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they release a new Call of Duty or Battlefield yearly, I don't think releasing a new Splatoon five years after the last one is that egregious.
I'm not even necessarily hating, I just wanted to confirm my suspicions. I don't want to get excited thinking I'm getting a new game whenever I'm just paying 60 bucks to continue playing a game I already own.

Reactions: CrAzYLiFe

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck yeah! I played the absolute shit out of Splatoon 2 (even went to one of the in-person tournaments in my town) and after a few trailers came out, I put in a preorder for Splatoon 3 at my local game store. September 9th isn't really "Summer 2022" like they said (Unless you wanna be a smart-ass about it and go "well TECHNICALLY the autumnal equinox is on the 22nd of September so it's TECHNICALLY still summer", and in that case you can piss off) but I'm still mega hyped.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not even necessarily hating, I just wanted to confirm my suspicions. I don't want to get excited thinking I'm getting a new game whenever I'm just paying 60 bucks to continue playing a game I already own.
That's fair, in that case, I believe it has an entirely new singleplayer story, a new lineup of guns and abilities, new maps, etc...
I suppose that's generally the standard for shooters, now that I think about it, but it does seem fairly fresh from what I've seen.

That said I wouldn't worry too much, Splatoon 2 has had 5 years to accumulate a playerbase, I doubt all of them will jump to 3 immediately. Hell, Splatoon 1 apparently still has players, and that was replaced 2 years in.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
That's fair, in that case, I believe it has an entirely new singleplayer story, a new lineup of guns and abilities, new maps, etc...
I suppose that's generally the standard for shooters, now that I think about it, but it does seem fairly fresh from what I've seen.

That said I wouldn't worry too much, Splatoon 2 has had 5 years to accumulate a playerbase, I doubt all of them will jump to 3 immediately. Hell, Splatoon 1 apparently still has players, and that was replaced 2 years in.
Still playing Splatoon. Splatoon 2 nice, but I can't buy NOS for 3-6 plays in month (stupid NOS system locked multiplayer for me).
Splatoon 1 still fun to play and I very enjoy it, but there sometimes hard to find players

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only Nintendo can sell you the same game twice
They did the same with Mario Kart 8, and that's still going. It's like Nintendo's GTA V, in a way.

Instead of making a new game, just re-release the same one from years ago and the suckers will buy it.

ChoChoCup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
September!?!?
Are they going to give us anything to play over the summer then? This was supposed to be a spring/summer release like usual. 😭
Fire Emblem Three Hopes, Mario Strikers, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

oh yeah, totally NO summer releases at all.

m00k00

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it just me, or does it seem a lot more fast pased? It's not a bad thing, just something I thought while watching this.

I really hope it is. Honestly the first two interations of the series haven't been my cup of tea. Probably because of the not-so-fast pace :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1