Splatebola

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by fatsquirrel, Jan 30, 2017.

1. fatsquirrel
    OP

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    I need to vent a bit.

I had my share of online gaming, also at competitive levels for quite a damn long time. BUT!
    I have never to this day raged as much as I do in Splatoon.
    This is a rage inducing game and should be forbidden to sell to people other than Dalai Lama who have patience that of a god.
    Why you ask?
    I just went down from rank A (which took me a week of casual playing to get to) to rank B+ because I'm playing with buffoons. I am willing to bet my damn bonsai would play the game better than these co-players. I cant tell you how many times I had retards at B+ trying to splat as much surface as possible in a damn tower or rainmaker games... And talking about rainmaker, noone in my team EVER goes for it. Im literally carrying the whole team 99% of the time. Normally I do in average around 10-15 kills while my mates have 2 maybe 5 and more than double death to kill ratio.
    And what is the best part ? Disconnects and losing 12 rank points 3 times in a row. The game wont even wait for the connection to reestablish. Noooo. It just DCes you literally 2 seconds after (probably) lost packages in connection.
    God I am literally biting off my sofa when that happens. And its really not rare. My connection is fine though.
    It lowers your rank points when server disconnects too :D

Anyway, god Im loving this game but ranked play is ebola in a gaming form.

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    That sounds like every team-based competetive online game ever.

DeoNaught likes this.
  3. fatsquirrel
    OP

Nov 11, 2013
    Thats the thing, I went into this thinking its a game where I relax and really enjoy it.
    But oh god how I was wrong.
    You'd expect that at rank A people know what Rainmaker is and how to use it but....no not really.
    And seeing people with 0 kills 15 deaths is on daily routine.
    I never had such experience in CSS, CS GO, Overwatch, or other (different genre) games when playing at such level. At C ok, I understand but rank 50 and A rank, cmon...
    I'm not saying Im the best player (at all) but it is a fact that I am carrying every 9 matches out of 10 at minimum. :(

4. cheuble

cheuble Marieism™

Feb 6, 2016
    France
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Land
    BEST. THREAD. NAME. EVER.

Imacaredformy2ds likes this.
  5. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    lmao

6. Imacaredformy2ds

Imacaredformy2ds Smartass

Banned
    Nov 17, 2016
    Mexico
    Salpicarcaricatura was the first thing that came to mind reading the title lmaoooooo

7. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    Ah so you're taht guy trying to splat everything by himself alone.!
    See you next match!

k7ra, ScarletDreamz and ItsKipz like this.
  8. fatsquirrel
    OP

Nov 11, 2013
    So what are you recommending me if I want to rank up? Go ape mode like the rest of the team?

9. Imacaredformy2ds

Imacaredformy2ds Smartass

Banned
    Nov 17, 2016
    Mexico
    GREAT ape mode, yes
    I'm serious

10. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    n00bs are in Rank S+/A cause with the AIO, yeah, you just edit a value and you are lv 50 rank S+

11. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    I had this issue when it came to Rocket League, going ranked matches would keep lowering me and angering me.

I decided it wasn't worth it to get upset over some sort of rank no one really cares about. Since then, I just play unranked matches and have fun!

k7ra and fatsquirrel like this.