CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
pcmanrules said:
I have a fully functional and half way through save from my M3i running the patched version, is there any way to make this save work on the acekard with a clean rom?
Are you using AKAIO 1.5 (with latest loaders) by any chance ?? (You also say 'Acekard' - is that an AK+,AKRPG or AK2i ??, I don't think it really matters but just like to check)

If so - I had the same problem, until I was told that in AKAIO you can set the sav file size

Here's how:
After Copying the M3i0 sav onto AK2i, I then switched on DSi & booted up, then
> Highlighted the 'Clean' Z:ST (E) game & press [Y]
> Press [Y] (ROM Settings)
> Change 'Save type' from 'unknown/Auto' to '8M'

Then I started the (Clean) Z:ST & it saw my M3i0 sav & I've been playing it ever since on the AK2i

Just remember to make a copy of the sav before copying over etc - just in case anything goes wrong

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sinistral89 said:
Actually I'd already tried before - didn't work, as there's no option there to select the file size required (I believe it's got to be a 1M size)

Of course I may've selected the wrong convertion options - perhaps I should've tried 'acekard rpg' instead of 'acekard 2'

F

faroe

I have a problem with the save file too. I was playing the game on acekard 2i untill i bought the game yesterday. Now im trying to load my save file to the original game card using NDS Backup Tool wifi but i cant. My save file is 512Kb but i need 1 MB .sav file
frown.gif
. How can i change the .sav file size from 512kb to 1MB? Thanks!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Not sure if this will work exactly as expected but maybe you can try this method out & see if it works
(It worked transferring an ak2 sav into a 1M save file to be used on a M3i0 flashcard)

> Firstly obtain a blank 1M sav file from one of the thread on GBATemp
(I used the one from http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=194840)
> Extract the sav file somewhere (you should have a file called 'lzst.sav')
> Copy your AK2 sav file to the same directory
> Use a hex editor (I used the portable version of HxD) & load BOTH files into it
> In HxD, select the tab that holds your Ak2 sav file
> Hold down [CTRL] & press 'A' to select ALL the code
> Now Hold down [CTRL] and press 'C' to copy the code
> Select the tab that contains the 1M sav file (if you downloaded the one I mentioned it'll be called 'lzst.sav')
> Make sure the cursor is at the very beginning of the file
> Hold down [CTRL] and press 'B' - this will 'write' the ak2 code into the 1M sav file overwrighting the existing code in 'lzst.sav'
Note:- a LOT of code will turn red if done properly (about half of the actual file)
> Click on 'File' and 'Save' to save the now modified 'lzst.sav'

Please note: I don't know anything about the 'NDS Backup Tool' so not sure if this will work with it - but you could now try this new modified 'lzst.sav' to see if it'll work on a genuine game card - but don't hold me responsible if things go wrong

F

faroe

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKED !!! THANKS !!!!!!!! I had to do it with an empty save file created from my card, the one u gave me didnt work. Then i had to copy all the data from my original save to the clear save file but i had to select manually the range of memory from 00000000 to 0007FF90 and paste the original data.

THANKS !!

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
faroe said:
YES !!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKED !!! THANKS !!!!!!!! I had to do it with an empty save file created from my card, the one u gave me didnt work. Then i had to copy all the data from my original save to the clear save file but i had to select manually the range of memory from 00000000 to 0007FF90 and paste the original data.

THANKS !!
How did you manage to to this?

F

faroe

Usé el programa HxD del link de arriba. Lo sé, se tarda bastante en seleccionarlo todo manualmente con el raton, pero funcionó
smile.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
.Darky said:
faroe said:

THANKS !!
How did you manage to to this?
I can think of 2 ways he did this.
1) He left clicked at the first Hex number (in HxD) & while holding the mouse button down, scrolled all the way down to 0007FF90 to highlight what he wanted. Then he 'Copied' the selection & 'Wrote' it into the sav file made by the 'NDS backup Tool'
OR
2) He did [Ctrl] and 'A' to select everything, then released, then held down [Shift] & used the mouse to 'deselect' the last 7 or so lines up to 0007FF90 - then copies/wrote etc etc.. into the NDS backup Tool

I'm a bit puzzled to why he couldn't do the whole file (an Ak2 file is only another 7 lines longer) unless it's something to do with the NDS Backup Tool

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Great, it worked!

The save file Cannon provided didn't work for me. I had to delete my current safe file, before copying it to my PC just in case something went wrong, and I followed all the instructions.

Thanks.

EDIT: It wasn't necessary, at least for me, to manually select the codes I wanted to copy.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
To faroe: Glad to see that I pointed you in the right direction to get it to work. Sorry about the sav I mentioned not working - but you sussed it out anyway (must be a difference of the 'NDS Backup tool' or something)

To pcmanrules: Glad the '8m' trick worked for you as well

SillYcoNe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I recently bought an Acekard 2i the replace that original R4 (very first version) crap.
The problem:
I was playing LoZ:ST through YsMenu and therefore I had a 512KB .sav
We know that the save for LoZ:ST is 1MB.

I had already played quite a lot and didn't want to restart from the beginning.

I'm using AKIO 1.5 and the clean dump (unpatched) on the Acekard.

I tried to put the 512KB .sav on the Acekard, telling it the save is 8Mb (1MB):
The 512KB .sav was replaced by a blank 1MB .sav and lost all my progress.

Here the solution that worked for me:
I just concatenated 2 copies of my 512KB .sav into a 1MB .sav
The very simple way to do it under windows:
- copy your 512K.sav to whatever directory on your HDD (let's assume the name is My512KSav.sav, replace with the name you have)
- get a command line (start -> run -> cmd)
- go to the dir where your .sav is
- now copy your 512KB .sav into a new 1MB .sav (notice the '+' sign):
Code:
COPY /B My512KSav.sav+My512KSav.sav MyNew1MBSav.sav

- you now have a 1MB .sav named MyNew1MBSav.sav
- this this new save to your Acekard with the same name a the .nds file

It worked for me !

For linux users:
Code:
cat My512KSav.sav My512KSav.sav > MyNew1MBSav.sav

Note: to ensure the second slot works I copied (using the game menu) the first slot onto the second (dunno if necessary)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2