Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Spirit Tracks Fix for M3 Sakura v1.44 and Below

Download the Spirit Tracks Fix
http://filetrip.net/f8931-Legend-of-Zelda-Spirit-Tracks-M3-Sakura-Fix-1-0.html

NOTE TO MODERATORS (01/19/2010): Thanks to whoever stickied this thread, but since M3 Sakura v1.45 4th Edition was released, there seems to be no need for this fix anymore. Please feel free to un-sticky this topic at your convenience
smile.gif

NOTE: If you are starting a new game on Spirit Tracks, this fix is no longer needed as of the v1.45 *REVISED* (M17) release of Sakura on 12/23/2009. Spirit Tracks works perfectly with the most current release of Sakura, no patch or hacked save file required!

WARNING! If you have been using a hacked save file for Spirit Tracks prior to the release of v1.45, updating to v1.45 may corrupt your save! Back up your saves prior to updating! If you lost your save file as a result of the original v1.45 update (before it was revised), here's a possible fix that has worked for some people.Instructions for Sakura v1.44 and Below:[*]Extract the contents of 8931-LoZ_Fix.rar. The patch will be in the xpa-zstc folder.[*]Copy a clean ROM dump into the same folder as the patch.[*]Rename the ROM to "xpa-lzst.nds".[*]Run xpa-zstc.bat to generate a patched ROM (xpa-lzst-cracked.nds).[*]Copy "xpa-lzst-cracked.nds" and "lzst.sav" onto your MicroSD card.[*]Rename "xpa-lzst-cracked.nds" and "lzst.sav" file so that they have exactly the same name (e.g., Spirit Tracks.nds and Spirit Tracks.sav).[*]Disable any cheats, RTS, soft-reset, slow-motion, etc. in the M3 Sakura NDS Game Settings.[*]Enjoy!NOTE: The xpa patch only works with the (U) version of the ROM.
Serial: NTR-BKIE-USA
CRC32: 3170189FInstructions for Sakura v1.44 2nd Edition:[*]Extract the contents of 8931-LoZ_Fix.rar. Delete the xpa-zstc folder (you only need the "lzst.sav" file). [*]Copy a clean ROM dump and "lzst.sav" onto your MicroSD card.[*]Rename the ROM and "lzst.sav" file so that they have exactly the same name (e.g., Spirit Tracks.nds and Spirit Tracks.sav).[*]Disable any cheats, RTS, soft-reset, slow-motion, etc. in the M3 Sakura NDS Game Settings.[*]Enjoy!NOTE: You can use either the (U) or the (E) version of the ROM (clean dump) with this save file. The xpa patch is no longer needed (and doesn't work on the (E) version anyway). The current save file is not the one created by Benighted using DeSmuME (as it originally was). In case anyone's interested, this save file was created using the following Windows command prompt:
Code:
fsutil file createnew test.sav 1048576
Instructions for Sakura v1.45 Revised and Later:
This fix is not needed.

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
Combining xenophobia's patch and Benighted's save file, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks seems to play perfectly in the latest version of M3 Sakura (v1.44).
  • The white Nintendo logo screen doesn't freeze anymore.
  • Train controls and menu appear on-screen now.
  • You can save with no problems.
Download the Spirit Tracks Fix Here

Instructions[*]Extract the contents of xpa-zstc.rar. The patch will be in the xpa-zstc folder.[*]Copy a clean ROM into the same folder as the patch. [*]Make sure to rename the ROM to "xpa-lzst.nds".[*]Run xpa-zstc.bat to generate a patched ROM (xpa-lzst-cracked.nds).[*]Copy "xpa-lzst-cracked.nds" and "xpa-lzst.sav" onto your MicroSD card.[*]Rename "xpa-lzst-cracked.nds" and "xpa-lzst.sav" file so that they have the same name.[*]Disable any cheats, RTS, soft-reset, slow-motion, etc. in the NDS Game Settings.[*]Enjoy!
Works like a charm thank you.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Also this works with the touchpad as well ^-^ I tested it on my brother's DS, working fine, I am also testing this on iTouch.
Edit: Good New all, works fine on iTouch DS, no freezing, saves, and controls are still there!

kniteowl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I followed the steps & it still doesn't work for me, I'm stuck on the Nintendo Logo Screen

EDIT: nevermind, I had a spelling mistake with the .SAV file lol!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
cobleman said:
You dont even need the patch at all the .sav is all you need (well thats what i found anyway)
Itouch Ds
Seriously o.o I could have done that all day, but I waited for the patch >.< oi!!!!!!!
Edit: Wrong, it freezes at the train without the patch, well at least it did with me, I am going to use the patch, I trust it more

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
cobleman said:
You dont even need the patch at all the .sav is all you need (well thats what i found anyway)
Itouch Ds
Seriously o.o I could have done that all day, but I waited for the patch >.< oi!!!!!!!
Edit: Wrong, it freezes at the train without the patch, well at least it did with me, I am going to use the patch, I trust it more
I just tried it with a clean dump of the ROM and it works for me
huh.gif
No patch necessary.

But I just started, haven't made it to the train yet. I'll update again if I run into any problems.

*EDIT*
Yep, freezes once you get on the train. I uploaded the original xpa/Benighted combo fix and instructions again.

aragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that the patch and save file work with Sakura 1.42 on my M3 Real as well.
So I can finish my Phantom Hourglass this week and continue to Spirit Tracks - yoohoo!
gbasp.gif

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
works like a charm! i thank all!!!

And to the poster above, you are correct as long as you have the hacked save file, you've no need to patch the rom..! Personally i find it better to have a clean rom! Thanks to all who worked on this!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishykipper said:
works like a charm! i thank all!!!

And to the poster above, you are correct as long as you have the hacked save file, you've no need to patch the rom..! Personally i find it better to have a clean rom! Thanks to all who worked on this!
So you got pass the train without the patche?

Roebb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm, i've done all the steps, without any error or something like that. But the game freezes at the Xenophobia logo, even before starting the game.
Tried to reformat my micro SD via Panasonic Formatter, downloading the game from another page, patching again, only just to see my ds freeze at the same screen again.
I'm using M3 Sakura 1.44 and the fix from this thread.

It worked just fine with only the savegame, up until you board the train for the first time. So I think, something might be wrong with the patch, or maybe I'm just plain too dumb
unsure.gif

edit: Tested again. i just got the patched game with the savegame, and the clean one with the savegame on the same microSD. The clean one works until the first train ride (blackscreen). The patched one doesnt even start, because it freezes at the Xenophobia screen. So the rom is valid, but something seems to mess up when i'm patching the game. Any ideas?

edit2: Nevermind that, had RTS activated.... seems i'm just plain dumb, and the fix works just fine now.
Thanks anyway :)

ProfessorLesser

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I'm having trouble in the final stages of the patch. I can't rename the patched ROM (which appears to be 0bytes) while the original ROM is still on the card - because obviously they have the same name. But the hacked .sav has to have the same name as the original ROM to run, right? What am I missing here?

To simplify, say my original ROM was Zelda.nds.

Now I've got a hacked ROM and save-file, ZeldaH.nds and ZeldaH.sav. What do I need to do with these three files in order to get the bugger to play?

Thanks for your time :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain