SPI Failure

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mr_simple, Jun 1, 2014.

1. mr_simple
    OP

mr_simple Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2014
    United States
    I recently received my Gateway 3DS and I am having issues with it. SPI Test/SPI Read Test fails.. booting NAND games like Pokemon works but other games receive a game cart removed error. Looks to be the same symptoms associated with the self diagnostic failures I have received.

I have tried the following..
    Gateway Omega Firmware 2.1/2.2
    Gateway Test ROM
    Various SD cards
    Various microSD cards
    Panasonic SD Format utility
    Applying pressure via thin sheet(s) of paper

I read the Gateway Test ROM can reset SPI but there doesn't seem to a be a option to? It seems to be for extended testing of the microSD card from what I can tell.

Is the general consensus that I have a defective Gateway card? I ordered this from RealHotStuff..

EDIT: Also tried fat/fat32/exfat along with a few different SD/microSD card readers.

2. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    What are you formating your SD cards to? I use exfat but Fat32 works as well.

3. mr_simple
    OP

mr_simple Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2014
    United States
    I tried fat/fat32/exfat.

4. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
  5. mr_simple
    OP

mr_simple Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2014
    United States

Thanks for the reply, I guess my Gateway is faulty. I sent a e-mail to RHS so hopefully I can get a exchange. This is a brand new Gateway and it wasn't cheap :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice