Speed Racer DS/Wii Looking Good

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Mar 14, 2008.

Mar 14, 2008

Speed Racer DS/Wii Looking Good by Hadrian at 4:08 PM (1,428 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Every now and again we get a movie based video game that is actually pretty good, and from various previews I've read, this looks to be one of them. This new preview makes the game sound like its got a F-Zero meets Burnout style feel but not as fast. Looks like it'll feel the gap until Nintendo finally realise that the Wii & DS need a F-Zero game.

Link

Out on Wii & DS and all looking good, even the mobile version has a great F-Zero SNES look about it. There will be a PS2 version but that will be out in time for the DVD release of the film.

Apparently these are Wii screens, got them off Gamekult, click to enlarge:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

* Choose from 20 different driver / car combinations, from Speed Racer and the Mach 6 to Cannonball Taylor and the GRX.
    * Experience 13 different tracks across 5 vibrant environments.
    * Drive at speeds of up to 375 MPH across incredible tracks that have loops, corkscrews, jumps, and other obstacles and challenges.
    * Utilize “The Zone” to boost your speed up to 500 MPH and gain an advantage on the track.
    * Master car-fu combat, using your T180 racecar as a weapon by smashing, jumping, flipping, and spinning.

DS, amazingly I've missed these when they were released last week:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

* Choose from 16 different driver / car combinations, from Speed Racer and the Mach 6 to Cannonball Taylor and the GRX.
    * Experience 19 different tracks across 7 vibrant environments.
    * Drive at speeds of up to 375 MPH across incredible tracks that have loops, corkscrews, jumps, and other obstacles and challenges.
    * Impress the audience through performing daring stunts to increase your popularity and help you win
    * Use the Touch Screens to control car stunts, such as spinning, jumping, and performing car-fu takedowns.

Really hope that all versions turn out well. As for the film, though it sounds like shit to me so did Transformers and that was damn good fun.

2. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Yeah.. it's looking a lot like Wipeout/F-Zero.. the game might be good.. but it doesn't look anything like Speed Racer.. if the game is faithful to the movie, the movie will probably suck [​IMG]

3. teonintyfive

Member teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    The DS version's backgrounds make me dizzy.

4. ackers

Member ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Reminds me of XG (Extreme G) because of its ridiculous speeds and side-winding futuristic tracks. It has "borrowed" the takedown system of Burnout as well? I love both games!

XG + Burnout = AWESOME!!!

I hope the resultant lives up to the products. I remembered that from science! XD

5. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Game looks decent.

Just saw the trailer of the movie tonight, and it looks absolutely awful.

They're raping that show [​IMG]