Hacking [SPECULATION] SSSpwn allows kernel access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry I know I may sound like a hypocrite now but tbh I don't want it to ever happen because if all the 3d's will allow piracy so easy on latest FW on them then you can kiss good bye to any decent games unless they are 1st party by Nintendo cause lets face facts who would even buy the games when you can get them for free so easy! The Nintendo 3DS handheld would take a massive nosedive if this happens!!!

I don't really agree with that. A working exploit leaked right now will make 3DS's sales SKYROCKET this Christmas.

Piracy only discourages shovelware. People will still pay for good games.

Reactions: Margen67

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I've interpreted it is that his hack, as he has programmed it, doesn't allow playing ROMs. That's not to say it can't be done, Cubic Ninja's QR code reader may be the open door people want, but Ninjhax itself is not built for that purpose.

In other words, Cubic Ninja QR codes can lead to piracy, but Ninjhax alone will not get you there.

Reactions: Margen67

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really agree with that. A working exploit leaked right now will make 3DS's sales SKYROCKET this Christmas.

Piracy only discourages shovelware. People will still pay for good games.

Yes like I said the unit itself would sell by the bucket load but games are not going to sell so if games cannot sell for the unit then no one is going to make any games for it and then in turn would affect the unit itself which would cause it to just crash & burn! I would rather stick with the Homebrew exploit and flashcards on a certain FW at least its a small market that Nintendo can handle, this sort of way can increase the handhelds reputation but complete access on all 3DS's and FW's is not good news for any of us in the long run! :(

Reactions: turnerl

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Sorry I know I may sound like a hypocrite now but tbh I don't want it to ever happen because if all the 3d's will allow piracy so easy on latest FW on them then you can kiss good bye to any decent games unless they are 1st party by Nintendo cause lets face facts who would even buy the games when you can get them for free so easy! The Nintendo 3DS handheld would take a massive nosedive if this happens!!! I'm sure they would sell the 3DS units by the bucket loads but games, not so, so this would be counterproductive for us all! :(

the console is already a piece of crap imho.... nothing lost...

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I know I may sound like a hypocrite now but tbh I don't want it to ever happen because if all the 3d's will allow piracy so easy on the latest FW then you can kiss good bye to any decent games unless they are 1st party by Nintendo cause lets face facts who would even buy the games when you can get them for free so easy! The Nintendo 3DS handheld would take a massive nosedive if this happens!!! I'm sure they would sell the 3DS units by the bucket loads but games, not so, so this would be counterproductive for us all! :(

The day they make Animal Crossing for Android is the day I give up handheld gaming forever.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
urgh, believing anything ever posted by govanil00ser= crap, he never did any real work, just ask any 3ds dev ever, so I don't get any of this
even if it results into a 3ds exploit, which has been speculated months ago, then why should it be related to govanilooser in any way at all?

Reactions: Reecey

tomiga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urgh, believing anything ever posted by govanil00ser= crap, he never did any real work, just ask any 3ds dev ever, so I don't get any of this
even if it results into a 3ds exploit, which has been speculated months ago, then why should it be related to govanilooser in any way at all?

Because he wants attention, probably.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
he never claimed that he found or created the exploit, just that it is more then smealum says.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I know I may sound like a hypocrite now but tbh I don't want it to ever happen because if all the 3d's will allow piracy so easy on the latest FW then you can kiss good bye to any decent games unless they are 1st party by Nintendo cause lets face facts who would even buy the games when you can get them for free so easy! The Nintendo 3DS handheld would take a massive nosedive if this happens!!! I'm sure they would sell the 3DS units by the bucket loads but games, not so, so this would be counterproductive for us all! :(

"cause lets face facts who would even buy the games when you can get them for free so easy!"
99% of wii owners and 99% of ds owners
and more than that of 3ds owners

but who would not want to work on keeping everything up to date with the latest fw's if there is no financial incentive to do so, GW maybe?
it could be a bad thing or a good thing

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From this post all it reads like is smealum saying that it can't be used for piracy.
"It's just a vulnerability in a game to access a vulnerability in the system firmware. All they'd really need to do is patch the firmware and then the game doesn't even matter."
-eurogamer

also you cant just remove the region lock with just the userland like he claims. If so devs could chose if they want a region lock or not, which they cant.

Reactions: piratesephiroth

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
"cause lets face facts who would even buy the games when you can get them for free so easy!"
99% of wii owners and 99% of ds owners
and more than that of 3ds owners

but who would not want to work on keeping everything up to date with the latest fw's if there is no financial incentive to do so, GW maybe?
it could be a bad thing or a good thing

I'm just metaphorically speaking! I'm not saying this would be the case.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah seriously. pirates are in the extreme minority of gamers. Aside from the extreme majority of people who don't even know about the piracy scene, many people are either too scared about getting in legal trouble (or at least getting their console banned) and stil others are mature enough to buy the titles they love to support developers anyway.

Out of the last 200 Homepass Miis I've met, I saw 2 that "recently played Cubic Ninja." Everyone else is playing Smash Bros and Fantasy life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up