Hacking SPECULATION: A strategy to load games off USB! (No loader)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
In Brazil just 16:08 so he has a lot of time to release something today. Now here is 20:08 so maybe tomorrow something will happen.. nothing is something too. :D

Reactions: suzsuzuki

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Has there ever been a confirmation of a universal patcher's existence? What if individual values need to be found on a per game basis?

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii u common key
Used to decrypt the title key for every Wii U application. System titles and installable applications are decrypted at install time, disc-based games are decrypted at load time.

Cafe OS and Starbuck binaries are double-encrypted with this and the Starbuck Wii U Ancast Key.
So is there a way to "patch" the game dumps and have it bypass the check?

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii u common key
Used to decrypt the title key for every Wii U application. System titles and installable applications are decrypted at install time, disc-based games are decrypted at load time.

Cafe OS and Starbuck binaries are double-encrypted with this and the Starbuck Wii U Ancast Key.
So is there a way to "patch" the game dumps and have it bypass the check?
You patch IOSU kernel and remove signature checks. That's what SALT CFW will do, but we don't have it yet

Whatever is happening here is faking (or extracting) legitimate tickets with legitimate signatures

Reactions: CosmoCortney

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so this definitively has nothing to do with the iosu thing. Just modded wupinstaller and a title file check?
If they can fake tickets then a CFW isn't really necessary if all you want is piracy. We just don't know how they did it and we're unlikely to know because I don't think they're going to share the method, just download links

D

Deleted User

I think I have discovered the method that he uses, but I didn't test on my wiiu because I'm afraid of bricking it.

He probably downloaded a full game from Nusgrabber, this don't come with the title.tik file with a title key.

Then probably downloaded some update of any game and copied the title.tik file to the full game.

Example, I downloaded the lego-city EUR update and did the manual test of extracting the update, it got me this info:
-snip-

Edited title.tik with HxD and replaced -snip- with the key of the game Phineas Ferbs found on the site with title keys (see google wiiu title keys)

I successfully extracted the game like it was an original WUD iso, now I imagine if we could use the wupinstaller with the black/white list removed and install this version of the game downloaded from the nusgrabber.
Here is the image proving the extraction of the full game.
-snip-

I did not test the installation yet because I only have one Wii U here, only tried the extraction thing.
Sorry for the grammar mistakes.
This doesn't work unfortunately; I just tried with Pikmin 3 (replaced correct Title Key in title.tik, got it to extract with NUSGrabber, used Ryanrocks' WUP Installer mod, and everything). I think it knows when the ticket is tampered with; in this instance, a replaced title key. Hopefully the new modified tool bypasses this, or perhaps the tools he talked about generate legitimate tickets.

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the tool would basically patch WUDs to be some kind of "legit WUD", so that the installation don't require any sig patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...