Hacking SPECULATION: A strategy to load games off USB! (No loader)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
How are wud files to be installed? What I mean is how will games larger than 4gb be installed as how can the package file be stored on fat32 drive? Are there multiple wud files for games larger than 4gb, if not is there support to install from NTFS source? The list of wiiu games smaller than 4gb is pretty small. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Last edited by sion_zaphod,

hyunsuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been following this for the last two days, if this is really true, you are real kings of the Wii U community. :yayu:

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following this for the last two days, if this is really true, you are real kings of the Wii U community. :yayu:
I wouldn't say anything near that. All they did is enable USB piracy. That doesn't help anything homebrew community. That doesn't give us retroarch or cool custom themes. It only gives piracy. Which isnt valuable to the wii u HOMEBREW community (hell even homebrew can't use usb still)

Last edited by xtheman,

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
How are wud files to be installed? What I mean is how will games larger than 4gb be installed as how can the package file be stored on fat32 drive? Are there multiple wud files for games larger than 4gb, if not is there support to install from NTFS source? The list of wiiu games smaller than 4gb is pretty small. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Where did you get the File Format being FAT32 from?

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Where did you get the File Format being FAT32 from?
What source will be used to store the wud file? Pretty simple. Fat32 drives have a file size cap of 4gb per individual file. So either there will be multiple wuds, split wuds, or ability to install from NTFS. Does anyone get me.

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They will upload some modded games and we don't know whats modded. Expected some bans in online mode.

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
What source will be used to store the wud file? Pretty simple. Fat32 drives have a file size cap of 4gb per individual file. So either there will be multiple wuds, split wuds, or ability to install from NTFS. Does anyone get me.

That's what i was saying. We don't know where the file will be stored before it is installed. At the moment all we have is speculation.

hyunsuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't say anything near that. All they did is enable USB piracy. That doesn't help anything homebrew community. That doesn't give us retroarch or cool custom themes. It only gives piracy. Which isnt valuable to the wii u HOMEBREW community (hell even homebrew can't use usb still)
Well, "just". I wouldn't ever complain over such thing, go and create what you want. It might even bring more users back to the community, so it's a win anyway.

Last edited by hyunsuken,

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have 12 physical games that I would love to "convert" to digital versions for ease of access (even more so than Loadiine). That's not "piracy" and I refuse to feel bad about doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F