Homebrew spectrum emulator with dldi?

rest0re

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
hope you guys read my topic. i was looking for spectrum emulator with dldi support. it was my first computer. i wish there was emulator with support of all spectrum series and russian clones...

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, I read on DSpec forums that TheHiVE (author of DSpec and ZXAdvance) has already included dldi support in his latest build (0.3) although it's not quite ready to be released.
And I think the same it's happening at SpeccyDS.
So the future looks bright(can't wait to play some 128K Speccy games with sound and saves fully working!)
By the way the ZX Spectrum was my first computer as well....and I can tell you , honestly , once you play speccy games on a DS they look and feel so good that you will never go back and play it on the Telly or on an emulator..the DS screen seems to be just perfect, and the Spectrum never looked so good.
I've been a beta tester for DSpec, and now I can forget about PC emulators, even though they offer superior compatibility and emulate just about every model out there, there is something about the DS screen and the d-pad and the touch screen combined that will make it the definitive platform for Spectrum emulation.
My 2 cents....

rest0re

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes, I read on DSpec forums that TheHiVE (author of DSpec and ZXAdvance) has already included dldi support in his latest build (0.3) although it's not quite ready to be released.
And I think the same it's happening at SpeccyDS.
So the future looks bright(can't wait to play some 128K Speccy games with sound and saves fully working!)
By the way the ZX Spectrum was my first computer as well....and I can tell you , honestly , once you play speccy games on a DS they look and feel so good that you will never go back and play it on the Telly or on an emulator..the DS screen seems to be just perfect, and the Spectrum never looked so good.
I've been a beta tester for DSpec, and now I can forget about PC emulators, even though they offer superior compatibility and emulate just about every model out there, there is something about the DS screen and the d-pad and the touch screen combined that will make it the definitive platform for Spectrum emulation.
My 2 cents....

100% speed emulation, sound working
wub.gif
only thing i really would like also is that.. i know it wont happend but support for pentagon and scorpion and tr-dos.. there are some russian games (and demos of course) still released for spectrum...

spurty

Trophies
XP
Country
Counting the days until one of these fine emulators runs on my new m3 simply ds. 48k speccy was my first computer too...check out Minder if you want an undiscovered classic! A dedicated delete key (ie Caps and 0) would come in handy too.....

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Agree.....
Right now those emulators are getting really good, but of all the feature that are arguably useful, I think TZX or TAP support (more tzx) is really essential.
Most of the games are stored in TZX format, and going around making Z80 or SNA files out of them is a pain, and can result in bad snapshots with hardware emulation issues.
Think about it, if an emulator supports TZX then even an humble 48K Speccy can run the majority of the software, even the big multi loading games.
Therefore I always put TZX support in front of 128K emulation first, as it directly affects the number of games that we can run.
Now having TZX and 128K that would be really an accomplishment for an NDS emulator !
I agree though that russian games for the tr-dos are fantastic
smile.gif

spurty

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah can't say the 128 thing does much for me....people weep tears of pure nostalgia when you mention the 48k speccy (or 16k plus rampack for hardcore clive-fans) but who really cares about the 128...? TAP support would be great for all those load question set 2 type situations, but I would imagine implementing tape loading would be a big jump from just splicing a snapshot (SNA or Z80) into the emulator.

spurty

Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone's still monitoring this thread, speccyds has now been updated with dldi support, which works great on my m3 ds simply (after patching the .nds file). This is an interim update for all us obsessive speccy lovers, version 0.3 will have all the new features that the author is frantically working on.....

rest0re

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
yihaa!!!1111
for all little kids rare started in zx spectrum and there is some nice rare games for spectrum so loller for all kids haha, i gunna play all day horace goes skiing
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F