SpecterDev Teases New Kernel Exploit for PS4 5.05

homebrew.png
SpecterDev, the one known for creating and releasing a functional implementation of Qwertyoruiop’s 4.55 Kernel Exploit for the PS4, has now taken to twitter to tease a "full stack release" for PS4 firmware 5.05 within the next few weeks. He states that tools for homebrew development are incoming, with other miscellaneous tools arriving somewhere down the line. When asked, he goes on to confirm that yes, this will indeed include a brand new kernel exploit for firmware 5.05. Most importantly, though, he advises all users who are interested in homebrew who have a PS4 on or below firmware version 5.05 to NOT UPDATE.

SpecterDev said:
Don’t update your <= 5.05 consoles if you care about homebrew. Hope to see cool stuff soon :)

:arrow:Source

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are we getting relatively close to being able to play PS4 ISO's? Thinking about buying a PS4 relatively soon, particularly with the Spyro remastered series due soon.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As long as they don't release anything worth pirating.

There's only one game that I could see fitting here... and funnily this one in particular is about piracy. PLEASE for the joke of it let it be the first one to ever be pirated in case people get that far on the Xbone.
Sea of theives I'm guessing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All that bug bounty program has paid off. :ph34r:
Their is no bug bounty lol if you want to get paid you have to track down and pressure an internal Dev team that focuses on Xbox one sec

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
So are we getting relatively close to being able to play PS4 ISO's? Thinking about buying a PS4 relatively soon, particularly with the Spyro remastered series due soon.
Well, on 4.55 and below you can already install fpkgs, and I imagine it wouldn't take long to get HEN working once another kexploit is publicly released. That's how it was with 4.55.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where did you buy this Console? Do you have a link?

I got it online, but the site no longer has it in stock. I just used google shopping to find the cheapest bundle. It was the kind of web site that seemed a bit dodgy, but the console seems fine.

It was around the time of the 4.55 exploit release, most places had gone out of stock of ps4 pro at xmas. So it was either xmas returns or bankrupt stock or something.

Last edited by smf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up