speaker pop / blue light for 3sec

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by The_Master, Dec 11, 2016.

1. The_Master
    OP

The_Master Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    Hello,

A few months ago water was spilled on my 3ds while it was in my bag, in sleep mode. It turned off nearly immediately, and hasn't turned back on since. When I press the power button, the blue light turns on for 3 seconds. The lower screen flashes(the upper screen stays dark) and the speakers pop. Are the fuses blown, or is there hope for this 3ds?

2. Conrad_Hart

Conrad_Hart Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2016
    New Zealand
    It looks like the connection from the motherboard to the top screen is broken. Might of short circuited or something. If you are brave, open it up and replace the ribbon cable and see if it fixes your 3DS. The ribbon cables can be bought for under $5 from eBay and AliExpress. Otherwise send it in to Nintendo or take it to a computer repair shop - they may be able to help.

Good luck

konsolenumbau.expert likes this.
  3. konsolenumbau.expert

konsolenumbau.expert GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    Germany
    Rieps
    Yep you either have to open it or send it to a repair service. I bet oxidation.... That would be more possible from the description you gave.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

4. The_Master
    OP

The_Master Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    I would have opened it up sooner, sadly it seems I've stripped a couple of screws on the back plate. Nintendo, what's with the soft & cheap screws?

If I hold the top screen at a certain angle, the bottom screen doesn't flash at all. Is it all corroded and screwed at this point?

5. Conrad_Hart

Conrad_Hart Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2016
    New Zealand
    Do you mean if u hold the screen at a certain angle then the 3ds boots up normally? If so then just replace the ribbon cable and u will be fine (unless the points on the motherboard or screen have corroded).

6. The_Master
    OP

The_Master Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    No, if I hold the screen at a certain angle only the speakers pop-- no screens flash at all.