spare battery for 3ds xl?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mrpinkeye, Feb 12, 2013.

Feb 12, 2013

spare battery for 3ds xl? by mrpinkeye at 11:48 PM (4,028 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. mrpinkeye
    OP

Member mrpinkeye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    can i buy a spare battery for 3ds xl? are the batteries for 3ds and 3ds xl the same size? also iv found a 5000mah battery on amazon but it says its for the 3ds and comes with a battery cover, im assuming that wont work as the cover wont fit, right?

2. mrpinkeye
    OP

United Kingdom
  3. Sychophantom

Member Sychophantom I'm a plant.

United States
    I haven't seen any available yet, but I'd look at the battery in the 3DSL XL, then look at the DSI XL's battery. They may be similar, or even swappable.

I have not checked my 3DSXL and DSiXL to confirm, but it seems somewhat logical.

4. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    Nintendo sells spare batteries for $15 here: http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&langId=-1&currency=USD&ignoreCrumbs=N&crumb1=&crumb1Ignore=&crumb2=&crumb2Ignore=&crumb3=&crumb3Ignore=&translateFrom=ÈÉÇ&translateTo=EEC&usrSearchText=&searchText=&selSrchType=&page=&view=&productId=&categoryId=68709&lastAction=CategoryDisplay&orderTotal=null&tranId=0&jktranid=&rpComment=&dropOff=

mrpinkeye likes this.
  5. mrpinkeye
    OP

United Kingdom
  6. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
  7. blaisedinsd

Member blaisedinsd GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So, you have to completely take the 3DS XL apart to swap the battery?

There is no battery door that I see like on other DS models.

EDIT: NVM, I clikced on the link and see the entire back is the battery door. Wow, now I don't like how loose it is now that I inspected mine.

8. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    The UK Nintendo site doesn't sell them.

I'm also interested if someone finds original spare batteries, I always want one just in case. Sweden isn't part of Club Nintendo so I can't get one that way.

9. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    Following that link and then finding the one for regular 3DS on the same site, it appears they are not the same size. The 3DSXL battery appears to be physically longer than the regular 3DS battery.

The DSiXL battery looks different still, much skinnier than the 3DSXL battery. The battery pages all say they won't work in any other system as well.