Spanish Class sucks

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by gizmo_gal, Apr 3, 2010.

1. gizmo_gal
    OP

gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

Apr 10, 2008
    United States
    1st dimension, Earth
    So, I like Spanish (and foreign language in general) and I take Spanish at school as a requirement, but I'd have taken it anyway as an elective because, I've always wanted to take a class so that I could learn the mechanics and some working vocab for the language. Silly Me, language classes are for sucking the fun, relevancy and joy out speaking! Not for learning to speak a language!

Anyway, I'm on my 2nd semester of college Spanish and I'm glad the semester is almost over. I cant take much more of this grammar driven, irrelevant, random vocab and awkward, stiff dialogue crap! (Says the woman who wants to double minor in two different foreign languages...

2. Inunah

Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    Have you tried the One Semester of Spanish Spanish Love Song? That can make a spanish class lively and fun.

If you don't know what it is, it's a youtube video where some guy tries to sing a love song with only one semester of spanish. He says random shit like (translated) "I have 2 bicycles" and "My cat is white". XD

3. mthrnite

mthrnite So it goes.

Former Staff
    Jun 30, 2006
    United States
    th' south
    Let's move this over to GOTC, or be prepared for lolcats and more worser things.

Best I can do for the topic itself is to recommend throwing on Spanish subtitles on your favorite movies. I know it's not exactly what you're asking for, but hey, at least I got you out of EoF.

4. Fakie!

Fakie! GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2007
    Cote d'Ivoire
  5. mcp2

mcp2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2007
    UK blud dun kno
  6. gizmo_gal
    OP

gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

Apr 10, 2008
    United States
    1st dimension, Earth
    Thanks, favorited them already [​IMG].

Now, when Spanish class is over I will have something to do with myself during Spanish time!

7. Rigle

Rigle GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2008
    Spain
    Hey men!
    I'm Spanish and, to me, English Classes suck, because we're always doing exercises, but not speaking or improving the language D:
    And talking about that pages, elrincondelmanga is spanish, but mcanime is from South America, so that Spanish is quite different (At least for me xD)
    Elotrolado.net is a good forum to speak about videogames and so on, but there are some blogs like "http://dswii.es", "http://ramenparados.blogspot.com"... That are about news of videogames, anime, manga...

PM me if you want to know more about that pages, or know more of them [​IMG]
    Bye~!

PS: I'm an English student, so sorry for my English [​IMG]

8. xalphax

xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Nov 18, 2006
    Croatia
    here'n'there
  9. Wasmachinemann

Wasmachinemann GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Netherlands
    in the front of my game pc.
  10. xalphax

xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Nov 18, 2006
    Croatia
    here'n'there
    You bet it is!

11. Wasmachinemann

Wasmachinemann GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Netherlands
    in the front of my game pc.
    Thank god that Google Images existed, Lol, This is really a Awesome Thread.