Next to the mainstream
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi!

The administrators do a fine job banning spammers. However, is it possible to delete all private messages globally from those spammers, too? I log in unregularly and always have quite some spam and real messages aren't really noticeable. The messages are from already-banned users mostly, though.

Thanks for considering.

Strider

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive never gotten a PM spam
biggrin.gif

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, when a mod comes in here, he'll likely tell you to manually delete them yourself, and something about the system would use up more of the precious resources necessary to maintain order, such as the Barrel Roll navigation system used to keep the moon in orbit around the Earth, without which I wouldn't have anything to use my mega laser on.(just letting you know, I'm blowing up the moon again tonight guys.)

Strider

Next to the mainstream
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe they're banned before they reach 'z' when spamming
wink.gif

But seriously, 1-2 years ago it wasn't nearly this bad. Currently it feels like every damn banned member put mails in my inbox. It's just annoying. I'm short of ignoring the functionality altogether, but since the senders are almost all banned, it could be easily accomplished deleting those messages globally (aka cronjob nightly etc)

Hehe, thanks for the imaginative answer Omega_2. It's the duty of every administrator however, to try to keep the functionality running well. So...
wink.gif

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you should see some of the mods on the game 'backup' sites(none mentioned)
Most of the mods are kids on there, I'm telling you. XD

Still blowing up the moon, regardless...unless I can just carve the 3 Days Moon face on it, THEN make it plummet towards the Earth.
x/0 and stuff

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
We're don't access (delete) sent and received PM's for your privacy rights, therefore it is for you to delete them yourself. It's a 10 second job so I don't see why we should need to do it in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later