Hacking Source Unverified: SuperCard Team is developing DSTwo+

sirocyl

Are we Geniuses or what?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing with the DSTWO that surprises me, is that they haven't yet made a firmware patch for the DSTWO which can 1:1 emulate a 3DS card bus with the I/O it has hooked up to it.

It'd be simple in theory. Boot into DS mode to load a game chooser, choose the game using a plugin application. When you choose the game, it sets a boot-mode flag, reboots the 3DS (powers off the DS), disconnects and reconnects the card-slot bus, and pushes the encrypted 3DS card data across.
The DSTWO then shows up as the selected 3DS game. When you reboot, it'll switch back to being a DS-mode flashcart, and load the DS/3DS game chooser again.

The DSTWO is already seemingly capable of 1:1 CARD emulation, it's how it loads the DS-mode bootstrap/whitelist faker (a fragment of Alex Rider: Stormbreaker which satisfies the checksums) before loading the DSTWO plugin menu, as well as being able to load certain DS games regardless of anti-piracy (albeit, without cheat menu/savestate support).

Reactions: emmanu888

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What are the features besides (New) 3DS and DS(i) games support?

Is SuperCard going to upgrade the CPU and RAM over the current DSTwo card for better Homebrew emulation?

Does the card make pancakes?

And how much is going to cost?

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Reactions: Zanark11

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I myself failed to understand why it was that Gateway team could not, in their ROM selection menu, add an option for DS cart mode, whereby the red card would be read as a DS title, and boot with perhaps a version of AKAIO like the blue card does. But that's okay, if Supercard team does this, they will have to follow, just like they did with CIA support, in order to keep up with competition.
Well my understanding is the issue right now is that the way the exploit works breaks the ability to properly trigger the system calls needed to launch the firmwares that handle ds(i)/GBA mode. I'm not a super 3ds hacker, so I don't know how easy or if it can be fixed.

Something I am very curious about is if the 9.x version is a completely new thing, would those modes still be broken? Maybe smealum or [user]bond697[/user] could spare a thought or two on the matter

Zanark11

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"
Does the card make pancakes?​
Definitely yes"

HHAHAHAH made my day !

About the DSTWO+ if this happen would this card amazing since the DSTWO was the best, in my simple opinion, card for DS =)

D

Deleted-355425

Maybe it will be like sky3ds but with no 10 game limit, I'd have money ready right now for that.

Aman27deep

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
India
Goto www.new3dscard.co.uk and press dstwo and read why they are buying no more stock, the text in red

Our last piece Supercard DSTwo Card shipped out, DS Two stocks empty now.
Supercard Team will release a new card maybe called " DStwo+ ", and will support 3DS roms.
Please check our store in the following days, we will release the news later.

- 2015/12/04
2015 is a long time away!

wikili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
check http://www.sc3ds.com/index.html i think this might be what it was all about, and it's not for 3ds gaming, as i read it it looks like the 3ds can be an advantage for de dstwo card for emulating, not the other way around.
It's a very old fake (2010 I think), like the "Acekard 3" and a lot of others when the 3DS was announced.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head