Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to Reinand, from what I've seen it only autoboots into emuNAND? Have there been implementations on the autoboot timer or any way to boot into sysNAND? Also, sometimes it just skips the splash art and gives me a black screen until it boots into emuNAND, is this normal?

I'm running 3.2b from HBL.

Standard behavior for reinand as of the 3.0 release is to automatically load emunand. If you want the splash screen to stay up longer (or would like the original "press start" option) you can ask around for someone to mod and compile it.

If you want an option to boot into sysnand with the signature checks disabled (to run unsigned code/cias) then you can either look into the reinand mod release or just use miniPasta.

If you just want to delay the launch of reinand a few seconds and/or a way to get into the normal sysnand with no patches, that is a functionality of ctrbootmanager (or bootctr if you use it) that you use to autolaunch cfw in the first place.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to Reinand, from what I've seen it only autoboots into emuNAND? Have there been implementations on the autoboot timer or any way to boot into sysNAND? Also, sometimes it just skips the splash art and gives me a black screen until it boots into emuNAND, is this normal?

I'm running 3.2b from HBL.
You can't boot into sysNAND with ReiNAND (although a mod exists which allows you too). As for the splash screen, yeah that happens sometimes, so yeah it's pretty normal.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's strange. I get firmware bin from github link, and latest 3.2b. But boot stuck on splash screen. Change back to reinand 2.1, works well. What could be wrong?
Well, I was able to get ReiNAND working with versions 9.2, 9.6, 10.3, 10.4, and 10.5. Those are the only versions I have used with ReiNAND, so I assume if 9.2 works, then 9.5 can work as well.

You can always try updating to 10.5 prior to upgrading to ReiNAND 3.2b.

qlm2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
That's strange. I get firmware bin from github link, and latest 3.2b. But boot stuck on splash screen. Change back to reinand 2.1, works well. What could be wrong?
Did you try the 3dsx version under HBL?
3ds\ReiNand\ReiNand.3dsx

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That is very weird and should not be happening. It sounds like you are using the wrong firmware.bin file. The file you want has a direct link in the readme on the github page.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you try the 3dsx version under HBL?
3ds\ReiNand\ReiNand.3dsx

If he is getting the splash screen at all then reinand.dat is being loaded so switching to the .3dsx file wouldn't really have any affect.

knewknow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the exact same issue. Have been using rxtools without a problem, now trying reinand with ctrbootmanager and it's always freezing at the splash screen (female character on right side). I'm using the latest firmware.bin from github. Any suggestions?

edit: I just replaced all of the files again on the sdcard and it booted.. *shrug*. Seems to be good now :).

Last edited by knewknow,

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same issue. Have been using rxtools without a problem, now trying reinand with ctrbootmanager and it's always freezing at the splash screen (female character on right side). I'm using the latest firmware.bin from github. Any suggestions?
Unless you use ctrbootmanager to boot into other things, I'd recommend to boot directly into reiNAND. This would cut off the middleman (boot manager), and boot into your emuNAND faster.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you use ctrbootmanager to boot into other things, I'd recommend to boot directly into reiNAND. This would cut off the middleman (boot manager), and boot into your emuNAND faster.

The problem with this is that you can't really "cut out the middleman". Either you load reinand.3dsx which loads reinand.dat, or you use a boot manager to load reinand.dat.

That said if you are using a boot manager to load reinand.3dsx, I would strongly suggest you switch to having it boot reinand.dat directly.

Sachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe he has it set to "M" for miniPasta. He has to set it to "W" for Wumbo!
Sorry... The opportunity was there :rofl2:

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I also just boot the .dat directly with BootCTR, and MenuHax 2.1 (with payloads from themehax 1.3 for stability). I get around 85% successful boot rates (when it fails, it's only the ARM9 hack that fails, not menuhax). Plenty good enough for me.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also just boot the .dat directly with BootCTR, and MenuHax 2.1 (with payloads from themehax 1.3 for stability). I get around 85% successful boot rates (when it fails, it's only the ARM9 hack that fails, not menuhax). Plenty good enough for me.

That's strange. I have about the same boot rate, but when mine fails it is always before ctrbootmanager loads. Initial grey/white bottom screen with the loading image I have set for menuhax on the top. If I get past that bottom screen it finishes booting into reinand like 99% of the time. On the rare occasion it fails after that it is usually the yellow screen during menuhax or a black screen after loading reinand (the later is far less common).

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my own N3ds modded using gateway. I helped my friend recently mod his N3ds. I downgraded it from 10.3 to 9.2 used pasta to get a few cia files on. I then used the gateway launcher to format his emunand and backup his sysnand. At this point I just used my gateway, but he doesn't have one. SO i got reinand 3.1 and all the supporting file. I didn't know what to do with the "Secondly, You'll need armips added to your Path. "here" is a pre-compiled version". But I got the firmware on and it will boot into reinand and I'll see the picture and it will act like a EMUNAND but when i go into settings i don't see the Rei9.2.0. I just see the normal 9.2.0. I am not sure if I did something wrong or if this is how it acts if you use gateway to set it up. Can he update his "emunand" and it will then say rei10.5? Will it need to be done a cetain way or can he just update like normal once inside the emunand (like gateway)?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's strange. I have about the same boot rate, but when mine fails it is always before ctrbootmanager loads. Initial grey/white bottom screen with the loading image I have set for menuhax on the top. If I get past that bottom screen it finishes booting into reinand like 99% of the time. On the rare occasion it fails after that it is usually the yellow screen during menuhax or a black screen after loading reinand (the later is far less common).

I used this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-improve-menuhax-boot-rate-to-nearly-100.410764

It lets you keep the image and such, but it installs an old payload for stability.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my own N3ds modded using gateway. I helped my friend recently mod his N3ds. I downgraded it from 10.3 to 9.2 used pasta to get a few cia files on. I then used the gateway launcher to format his emunand and backup his sysnand. At this point I just used my gateway, but he doesn't have one. SO i got reinand 3.1 and all the supporting file. I didn't know what to do with the "Secondly, You'll need armips added to your Path. "here" is a pre-compiled version". But I got the firmware on and it will boot into reinand and I'll see the picture and it will act like a EMUNAND but when i go into settings i don't see the Rei9.2.0. I just see the normal 9.2.0. I am not sure if I did something wrong or if this is how it acts if you use gateway to set it up. Can he update his "emunand" and it will then say rei10.5? Will it need to be done a cetain way or can he just update like normal once inside the emunand (like gateway)?

Grab the 3.2b files instead of 3.1. The version you grabbed has a bug that prevents the "rei" string from appearing in system settings and this was fixed with 3.2b. Afaik the firmware file SHOULD be the same for both.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I used this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-improve-menuhax-boot-rate-to-nearly-100.410764

It lets you keep the image and such, but it installs an old payload for stability.

I'll check it out, thanks.

Reactions: CIH137

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with this is that you can't really "cut out the middleman". Either you load reinand.3dsx which loads reinand.dat, or you use a boot manager to load reinand.dat.

That said if you are using a boot manager to load reinand.3dsx, I would strongly suggest you switch to having it boot reinand.dat directly.
I copy and paste reinand.3dsx onto the root of my SD card and rename it "boot.3dsx". It's the closest thing I'll get in terms of a "permanent CFW".

Zhull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So I just copied the rei folder into my microSD, put ReiNand inside. and change the ctrbootmanager's cfg to load the reinand.dat...
But it just froze at the splash screen...

What should I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!