Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Seems odd that it doesnt support the 10.2 firm on the O3DS since cakes and gw have been using it for o3ds since 10.2 came out I thought.
It seems GW uses the 9.6 one on O3DS and 10.2 on N3DS. But they don't have to worry about compatibility, they remove the firm check.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems GW uses the 9.6 one on O3DS and 10.2 on N3DS. But they don't have to worry about compatibility, they remove the firm check.
True enough. Wonder why the bothered using the 10.2 on one the N3DS then since since they only use 9.6 on the O3DS.

Actually for that matter the firm check shouldn't differentiate between 9.6 and 10.2 since both have the same major and minor kernel version (2.50), its only the revision that got updated (2.50-1 to 2.50-9 iirc) and from what I understand the firm check only looks at the major and minor version numbers and doesn't check the revision.

Superfisher87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
String patching is fixed in 3.2b, you have normal behaviour for 3.1

I have some question's

1.do you have to put gateway's laucher.dat on the sd when you update the rei emunand
2.is it ok to use tinyformat.3dsx and i use the homebrew launcher also i didn't install tinyformat.cia on sysnand when i format my sysnand
3.is it ok to use 3.2b or should i wait for 3.2 doesn't isn't a beta version.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have some question's

1.do you have to put gateway's laucher.dat on the sd when you update the rei emunand
2.is it ok to use tinyformat.3dsx and i use the homebrew launcher also i didn't install tinyformat.cia on sysnand when i format my sysnand
3.is it ok to use 3.2b or should i wait for 3.2 doesn't isn't a beta version.
1. no
2. i'm not familiar with tinyformat
3. i don't think it matters, update if you want the Rei string in emunand, otherwise there's not much point.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean? You said you already formatted your sysNAND, so your NANDs are already unlinked. There isn't really a point in using Tinyformat once your NANDs are unlinked.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is reinand compatible with 10.5 on the n3ds xl yet?
Yes, it was compatible immediately, no update required.

There should be little, to no reason for reiNAND to need to be updated for new firmware updates in the future. IIRC @Reisyukaku added code that allows reiNAND to automatically adapt to new firmware releases (barring any major changes made by Nintendo).

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if Rei allows reuploads.. I wouldn't mind uploading it on something like Mega (I have both 3.1 and 3.2b), although it won't be including the firmware.bin file.

He doesn't care, there were several uploads of compiled versions back during the 3.0 beta. You are welcome to upload a compiled version to your post here, as long as the firmware.bin file is absent.

edit: github works just fine here, so maybe try again?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He doesn't care, there were several uploads of compiled versions back during the 3.0 beta. You are welcome to upload a compiled version to your post here, as long as the firmware.bin file is absent.

edit: github works just fine here, so maybe try again?
Yup! It's back up.

Gugowisi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, i'm trying to update ReiNand 3.0 to 3.2b, but i stay locked when appear the name and the girl of ReiNand. Is just replace the files or something else?
Sorry about the english,i'm Brazilian.
Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @rqkaiju2, happy early birthday