Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh I'll try it out tonight once I get home. Nintendo seems to be doing something different with their new games that requires ntr or hans to bypass when you are not in the the same region as the game. The same happened with paper jam eur in my us 3ds. If hans does not work someone will need to make a fixed version for other regions like they did with paper jam.

By the look of things only Brickway can run the demo correctly, Might be the firmware we are using? IDK but RxTools on o3DS 10.3 was also reported as not running it.

anywhoo! /offtopic

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Same thing, if i remember the based source code of Reinand is almost the same as CakesFW :)
both are minimalist cfw without any extras tools.
ReiNand is even more minimalist :lol:
I think CakesFW has these over ReiNand:
- supports launching encrypted FIRM files (as from NUS)
- supports more than the latest FIRM (not that useful, as the latest one works with emuNANDs/sysNANDs with previous updates... GW only uses the latest FIRM as well)
- supports launching them with or without the emuNAND patches.

Last edited by Aurora Wright,
Reactions: Matsumot0

Nuzzgok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyway to extract data from a non-booting emunand and inject it into a freshly made one? So I can move my saves.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Aurora Wright

Really sorry forgot to ask, does your new build remove the 'help.bin' that was created in the original V3.0 ?
Sure, it does.
Also, I had another idea. It'd have been cool to use eShop on SysNAND (as I have legally bought DSi games and ambassador GBA games), or games/apps which require higher FIRMs... So I added the possibility to make it boot SysNAND with the 9.6 FIRM (it's a tiny code change).
http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/gj6MCVfz/file.html
I tested it with the latest eShop (of course the new nVer is also needed), and with Xenoblade Chronicles (using HANS).
To boot SysNAND normally with the 9.0/9.2 FIRM hold L pressed, to boot it with the 9.6 FIRM hold L+R (this is what Gateway does, by the way).

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sure, it does.
Also, I had another idea. It'd have been cool to use eShop on SysNAND (as I have legally bought DSi games and ambassador GBA games), or games/apps which require higher FIRMs... So I added the possibility to make it boot SysNAND with the 9.6 FIRM (it's a tiny code change).
I tested it with the latest eShop (of course the new nVer is also needed), and with Xenoblade Chronicles (using HANS).
To boot SysNAND normally with the 9.0/9.2 FIRM hold L pressed, to boot it with the 9.6 FIRM hold L+R (this is what Gateway does, by the way).

wow very very impressive work :)

i will stick to your original build, i am too worried about touching sysNAND but thank you for sharing, i am sure someone else will use it, gteat work again

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wow very very impressive work :)

i will stick to your original build, i am too worried about touching sysNAND but thank you for sharing, i am sure someone else will use it, gteat work again
Well there's nothing dangerous about it. All it does is skip applying the emuNAND patches to FIRM if L+R are pressed :) As a result, it boots SysNAND.

Reactions: klear and peteruk

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Sure, it does.
Cool work. So by holding L+R 9.6+ games will now boot in system NAND?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, it does.
Do we still need Cryptofixed CIAs if we hold L+R?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to... +1