KuroGentei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kuro.today
XP
Country
Germany
also had GM9 Bootloader (Salt) installed in Firm0 / 1. But after the 3ds system update 11.9 the original Nintendo Firm0 was restored. GM9 / Rei-Six were not started anymore.

It would be good to know if there would be a good combination GM9 bootloader / Rei-Six protection that will not be restored to original firm0 during a system update.

Of course, Rei-Six also runs on FW11.9; but without a firm0 / 1 protection, this of course is meaningless in the current or future updates, if I have to re-use ntrboot every time.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
also had GM9 Bootloader (Salt) installed in Firm0 / 1. But after the 3ds system update 11.9 the original Nintendo Firm0 was restored. GM9 / Rei-Six were not started anymore.

It would be good to know if there would be a good combination GM9 bootloader / Rei-Six protection that will not be restored to original firm0 during a system update.

Of course, Rei-Six also runs on FW11.9; but without a firm0 / 1 protection, this of course is meaningless in the current or future updates, if I have to re-use ntrboot every time.
Did you have the same problem on 11.8?
The kernel was not changed at all between 11.8 and 11.9...

KuroGentei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kuro.today
XP
Country
Germany
  • FIRM partition write protection: Luma3DS prevents the system from writing to the FIRM partitions. This allows you to perform a System Update safely without boot9strap being removed.
it's not about the kernel; the Rei-Six cfw basically runs on FW11.8 - 11.9 perfectly.
With the Nintendo system update from 11.8 to 11.9, however, the firm0/1 of B9S / GM9 (Salt) is removed.
After the system update there is no more Cfw and has to be installed again via ntrboot.

My concern is whether there is a Firm0/1 protection for GM9 / Rei-Six.

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
  • FIRM partition write protection: Luma3DS prevents the system from writing to the FIRM partitions. This allows you to perform a System Update safely without boot9strap being removed.
it's not about the kernel; the Rei-Six cfw basically runs on FW11.8 - 11.9 perfectly.
With the Nintendo system update from 11.8 to 11.9, however, the firm0/1 of B9S / GM9 (Salt) is removed.
After the system update there is no more Cfw and has to be installed again via ntrboot.

My concern is whether there is a Firm0/1 protection for GM9 / Rei-Six.
It has firm0/1 protection. Has had it since a9lh was a thing.
https://github.com/CrimsonMaple/Rei-Six/blob/master/source/firm.c#L173
The only thing I think that could have gone wrong was that the sighax check failed. It would be an easy fix source wise to improve. I no longer support the project so I will not be making any changes to the source code.

Last edited by CrimsonMaple,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I feel like you are either lying or you did something wrong because I've never been able to break the FIRM0/1 protection without being the one who intentionally disabled it.

D

Deleted User

It could of been a older build of rei-six for all we know from what you are saying,unless you used the latest build to update.Or mabe somthing with the gm9 bootloader could of been the issue.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: KuroGentei

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My o3ds died because 11.9 update :( How can i fix it without NTRboot?
What do you mean it died? The latest Rei-Six has been tested and confirmed workin on 11.9, what were you running before you updated? Please provide some more details.

Last edited by The Catboy,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fastboot3DS, my console dosent boot, it stays on black screen with light
Ok, it sounds like several other issues going on here. 11.9 didn't update anything important nor would 11.9 have affected Fastboot nor Rei-Six's boot process. Can you boot into the fastboot menu by booting the system while holding the home button?

Reactions: Deleted User

Skirlez

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I'm sorry for bumping the thread, but i'm really lost with Rei-Six.
I have tried for Three/Four days to get into the Homebrew Launcher, because I heard Rei-Six fixes some stuff with older Homebrew.
But, whenever I get inside the Homebrew Launcher Wrapper it tells me that I have to set this title to boot the boot.3dsx file with Luma3DS. Which makes sense because this app was made for this feature of Luma3DS.
I have also tried all the versions of hblauncher_loader, but no matter what it always quits to an error, with 1.2 and 1.3 it doesn't even mention the payload, it only says it can't download something.
Older versions say something like the homemenu rop is ready? and then crashes to home menu which tells me to restarts.
I have also tried converting the Homebrew Launcher itself to a cia by 2 ways:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cxitool-convert-3dsx-to-cia-directly.440385/
http://rinnegatamante.it/site/3ds_hbs.php (3DSX Launcher Loader)
With cxitool does boot into the Homebrew Launcher but it can't launch any Homebrew! I tried with both the new-hbmenu and the original.
With 3DSX Launcher Loader it doesn't boot. It has the same homemenu rop is ready? thing but this time restarts. tried with the new and original.
You can see the specifics of my 3DS in my signature.
I am also sorry for posting this stuff on github. I never knew this thread existed and I never knew you had discussion about Rei-Six here.
(and yes I know the CFW is discontinued but I don't think this requires an update since everyone acts fine)

So do you enter the Homebrew Launcher in Rei-Six?

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but i'm really lost with Rei-Six.
R-6 is a Reinand fork...
but no matter what it always quits to an error, with 1.2 and 1.3 it doesn't even mention the payload, it only says it can't download something.
Probably because Github doesn't support TLS 1.1 anymore. Not like it matters anyways since hblauncher_loader's exploits were patched in more recent firmwares. You'll probably have to load a save exploit for hax (Steelhax wouldn't be too hard since you can just dump your movable.sed through GM9 & do the appropriate instructions in 3ds.hacks.guide's frogminer section).

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
R-6 is a Reinand fork...

Probably because Github doesn't support TLS 1.1 anymore. Not like it matters anyways since hblauncher_loader's exploits were patched in more recent firmwares. You'll probably have to load a save exploit for hax (Steelhax wouldn't be too hard since you can just dump your movable.sed through GM9 & do the appropriate instructions in 3ds.hacks.guide's frogminer section).
Yup, pretty sure that's it. I suppose that if you are on a compatible firmware, you could just download the files and put them there.

Skirlez

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
R-6 is a Reinand fork...

Yup, pretty sure that's it. I suppose that if you are on a compatible firmware, you could just download the files and put them there.
Thank you all, it works now. I wonder if I can remove some files from the game so it would weigh less. Is it possible without breaking it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again