Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do people here have problems with reading comprehension or something? There are entirely too many "pick and choose" readers. My analogy about Linux is about how it's redundant to have multiple distributions installed for the sake of aesthetics. You're right; Linux is all about the ability to make many choices. You validated my point by saying that since it's redundant to install multiple distributions just for different appearances (which is what my example was).
Nah, my reading comprehension itself is fine. My point was that it isn't exactly just an appearance thing from different distro, but that the Linux environment itself is somewhat redudant as there are many ways to do the same thing with the same feature set.

I realize that it was a bit weird to say that as your example was about different distros, but I feel like ReiNAND and Luma are more alike to something like GNOME and MATE or MATE and XFCE than Debian and Ubuntu or Ubuntu and Fedora.

Not sure if I got my point through. If I couldn't, don't mind me. :P

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well since Luma does all, any other CFW is redundant then. But I don't see you whining in the other threads...
Yes ReiNAND does less, that's its point. Don't like it? Don't use it.
Who knows at some point it might differ and bring something new the way AuReiNAND did. But if no one works on it that surely won't happen.

There is a lot of so called "redundant" stuff on the homebrew scene. I don't see anyone else complaining about it.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Well since Luma does all, any other CFW is redundant then. But I don't see you whining in the other threads...
Yes ReiNAND does less, that's its point. Don't like it? Don't use it.
Who knows at some point it might differ and bring something new the way AuReiNAND did. But if no one works on it that surely won't happen.

There is a lot of so called "redundant" stuff on the homebrew scene. I don't see anyone else complaining about it.
Alright, I'm done. You people refuse to fucking read. The argument was never about the redundancy of any firmware, but rather the redundancy of having multiple ones installed. Jesus Christ, I've got a migraine now.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright, I'm done. You people refuse to fucking read. The argument was never about the redundancy of any firmware, but rather the redundancy of having multiple ones installed. Jesus Christ, I've got a migraine now.
But look back at your post and what you quoted. See why people misunderstood you now?

On the other end, I agree it's redundant to use multiple CFW but, hey, at least we can do it.

Last edited by Redferne,

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I've never needed anything more.
It never freezes.
I don't use other payloads (hourglass9, etc).
It runs everything I ask it (I still use a9lh/emunand).
I like Reisyukakus' coding as well.

This statement isn't a "vs any other cfw" war. It's just a statement as to why I haven't moved on from reinand after all these years.

Reinand suits my needs and I'm grateful to Reisyukaku for it. Other custom firmware mods suit others needs and all the devs deserve a huge thank you for their effort and discoveries.

On a side note....has anyone bought a dual ips model lately? does anyone have an unmodded dual ips for sale?

I have some JPN models

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Anyways, that being said, update coming soonTM.
You serious? Because if you're serious, I am seriously pumped!
To the Luma3DS users spamming this thread, please stop. Like I said before, "One Glove does not fit all."
Not everyone enjoys using Luma3DS and not everyone feels the same about Luma3DS. Some people don't care to use Luma3DS. Please stop trying to force everyone to use Luma3DS, it's that just not how this community should work.
And the timing actually really is coincidental, but there has been behind the scenes work done with ReiNAND for quite some time.

Last edited by The Catboy,

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
You serious? Because if you're serious, I am seriously pumped!
To the Luma3DS users spamming this thread, please stop. Like I said before, "One Glove does not fit all."
Not everyone enjoys using Luma3DS and not everyone feels the same about Luma3DS. Some people don't care to use Luma3DS. Please stop trying to force everyone to use Luma3DS, it's that just not how this community should work.
And the timing actually really is coincidental, but there has been behind the scenes work done with ReiNAND for quite some time.
Yeah we are serious. Took your advice on the corbenik code too. *tips hat*

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah we are serious. Took your advice on the corbenik code too. *tips hat*
Down+here+in+the+deep+blue+seeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa+_055fd2d71ec5f1d32bbd16a4fe118b4b.jpg

(Today is a good day)

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Glad the ReiNAND gonna back although I never using this.
Would love to try this once since I also like Maki too. :D
The Temp wasn't ready for the greatness that was mizuki

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The problem is that it's redundant. That's what I initially said.
Do people here have problems with reading comprehension or something?
Don't bother, they clearly doesn't know what redundant means. You're just going around in circles.

scared of making choices?
if not intimidated by having other choices then I don't see what the problem would be
Now, I wouldn't normally wish to draw attention to someone being a complete fucking moron...

But, I think perhaps you are confusing redundant with retardant, and even then your definition of retardant isn't exactly correct either.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Bloody hell, what have I started. It was only a passing comment about the merits of minimalist design, I wasn't saying one CFW is better than the other. You can install a potato on your 3DS for all I care.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning