Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

riggs

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, my R4 arrived this morning, installed the MSET and it's all up and running like a champ! I've only started it twice and it worked both times so, 100% success rate so far! ;-)

Nice work Rei. I knew not buying a Gateway/Sky was a good idea.

H2tYGN9.gif

btw, I sent a few $ your way last night...buy yourself a few beers on me

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow! Thx for the MSET :D will this work with my GW EMUnand? Is there a way to have both GW and this launcher and swaping between them?

dnuch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having trouble loading up certain games with rei cfw? I get 3ds logo then black screen. I tried different versions but same outcome on 9.5 emu.

Edit: Managed to get it working via launching from FBI or Devmenu; so the CIA works. However problem persists when attempting to open from home menu. If anyone wants to test it try booting up Story of Seasons

Last edited by dnuch,

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I pushed changes so it boots into sysnand if no emu partition.. keep in mind though, that this still uses 9.5 firm binary.. so its still considered "ReiNand mode" or w/e you wanna call it lol. It has sigchecks and thread as well

Can you upload latest changes to pastebin please?

crono68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Got MSET running without Problems. I am happy that i am finally able to switch between normal SysNand and EmuNand now. also happy to play my original Games again. Thanks again to
thaikhoa for telling me what exactly i need to do. Thanks Rei for making this.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
question: I have gw and gw mode installed, emunand and so on, but I don't have cn/oot. Now my gw died on me and I can't use it to anything but launch the mset exploit (which requires gateway)
Can I install reinand + mset without using cn/oot or gw without losing my already installed games? Thanks and sorry for the trouble

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
question: I have gw and gw mode installed, emunand and so on, but I don't have cn/oot. Now my gw died on me and I can't use it to anything but launch the mset exploit (which requires gateway)
Can I install reinand + mset without using cn/oot or gw without losing my already installed games? Thanks and sorry for the trouble

Unfortunately, you need at least one of those mentioned options to install reiNand.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
Unfortunately, you need at least one of those mentioned options to install reiNand.

Would a .cia of cubic ninja be enough? My gateway can't read sd cards but it can launch the gw mode through mset, so I can install cias and enter gateway mode normally. I also have the blue card and the fix installed

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you still have a functional NDS flashcart, then yes. All you need to do is use the Rinstaller to replace the gateways exploit with Reinands.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
If you still have a functional NDS flashcart, then yes. All you need to do is use the Rinstaller to replace the gateways exploit with Reinands.
So I'd just put the rninstaller on the blue caed with all the gw files there and then open it? Is there any risk of losing both gw mode and reinand ?
and just to check, i need to put the whole reinand folder on my n3ds sd card right?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rei folder - 3ds folder - reinand.dat all in the root of your internal mSD.

Once you have the 4.x mset exploit installed, you can just swap between Gateways rop loader and Reinands. They use the same emunand as well.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I'd just put the rninstaller on the blue caed with all the gw files there and then open it? Is there any risk of losing both gw mode and reinand ?
and just to check, i need to put the whole reinand folder on my n3ds sd card right?

If your ds flashcart is still functional and recognized, you can switch the two mode (gw and reinand) using gw_installer.nds/ rnInstall.nds. yes, you need to put /ReiNand/*.* to the root of n3ds msd.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
nope, when I insert the gw blue card, it asks to turn it off. guess I'll have to stick with my broken gw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.