Homebrew Sound while streaming 3DS Screen?

Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I helped my friend installing A9LH and Luma CFW. His main goal was streaming his 3DS screen on the PC. But now he wants sound. I heard an AUX to AUX cable would work but how should he set it up?

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't even need audacity. Just go to the sound settings on your PC and click "Listen to this device". Man 3DS sound on the PC and you record normally

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
don't even need audacity. Just go to the sound settings on your PC and click "Listen to this device". Man 3DS sound on the PC and you record normally

Well in this case i can easily use my Avermedia for recording the sound. The monitor of my PC is connect to the avermedia, for recording from Wii e PS3, so tecnichaly i can recorder even with that. One question tho: a 3,5mm cable is ok for recording right?

Last edited by PedroKeitawa,

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well in this case i can easily use my Avermedia for recording the sound. The monitor of my PC is connect to the avermedia, for recording from Wii e PS3, so tecnichaly i can recorder even with that. One question tho: a 3,5mm cable is ok for recording right?
Yes, a 3.5mm cable is good

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But that just records his USB Headset and we can't choose anything else on Audacity.
Of course you can. There's a little drop down box next to a little microphone icon which lets you set the input that is recorded. If the input is working, then audacity will record it. If not, your input doesn't work. Simple as that.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Worth noting that a lot of computers now (laptops especially) are coming with combined microphone/headphone jacks, like on a cell phone. Going from the headphone jack on the 3DS to one of these will get you nowhere. Instead, you'll need a TRS to TRRS adapter—generally found for a couple of bucks on eBay. This is essentially a splitter which lets you plug a separate microphone and headset into a combined mic/headphone jack.

In this scenario, you'll plug the 3DS headphone jack into the microphone input on the TRRS adapter. The headphone jack on the TRRS adapter will be where your PC outputs audio unless you set it to a separate device (on the PC), such as a USB headset.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte