Homebrew Sound Hax to intall AC:NL Save Manager - can't boot back into it?

gracelessdance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already said what you need to do when you're done with the guide.
I know, You asked what editor- that was the best I could do to answer you. sorry.
Thank you again-

Trying to backup the SysNAND a third time with more room on the SDcard, (I have a folder that was the way to root folder looked before I started this process just in case.) If If can't back it up- still do you know how much room that should take up? should i get a bigger SD card?
Again I'm sorry if I'm bugging you- your help so far has been amazing.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, You asked what editor- that was the best I could do to answer you. sorry.
Thank you again-

Trying to backup the SysNAND a third time with more room on the SDcard, (I have a folder that was the way to root folder looked before I started this process just in case.) If If can't back it up- still do you know how much room that should take up? should i get a bigger SD card?
Again I'm sorry if I'm bugging you- your help so far has been amazing.
How much free space do you have on the SD card?

gracelessdance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not even close to enough room. You're going to want around 2GB free (around 1GB on some O3DS systems).
Ok Got a bigger SD card, and I was successful!!!
I'm getting errors with the save import and export- but I have to go to work so I'll figure that out later?
Should I post that here? or try to find a new place for ACNL specify questions?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Got a bigger SD card, and I was successful!!!
I'm getting errors with the save import and export- but I have to go to work so I'll figure that out later?
Should I post that here? or try to find a new place for ACNL specify questions?
Have you tried using JKSM/Checkpoint instead of the ACNL Save Manager?

Reactions: gracelessdance

gracelessdance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both JKSM and ACNL Save Manager give the same error when trying to extract a save:
error opening save archive: c8804478

the game is currently in, but not running.

gracelessdance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you didn't follow my instructions. I said to install the cia version for a reason. The .3dsx version of JKSM has major limitations.
Sorry you are right- I read that and assumed you meant the one in home brew- I didn't click on the link.
This is what my root directory looks like after GodMode9 did the 'clean SD card' thing
upload_2017-10-7_16-25-21.png

in the linked zip there are a ton of files- I can't make sense of the instruction on the read me file as to where these files need to go.
it mentions makerom, and putting that inside the devkitARM's bin directory? inside of my current JKSV folder I only have these:
upload_2017-10-7_16-28-43.png

do i need to make a new folder?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to make a new folder. After you download JKSM from the URL I linked to, find JKSM.cia. Put it onto your SD card, open FBI on your 3DS, and install JKSM.cia. Then, on your 3DS, open JKSM and attempt to export your save file.

gracelessdance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to make a new folder. After you download JKSM from the URL I linked to, find JKSM.cia. Put it onto your SD card, open FBI on your 3DS, and install JKSM.cia. Then, on your 3DS, open JKSM and attempt to export your save file.
So in trying to update the game it said I could not as my eshop's region has changed and needs to be confirmed, wen I went to the shop it says My new country is Grenada? is this right?

gracelessdance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you live in Grenada? If not, then no.
So I updated my region, downloaded the new version of the game and took my old save and tried it- it gives me the same error.

I'm not sure what else to try- I'll research while work is slow- thank you for your help getting this far.

Last edited by gracelessdance,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2