Homebrew sound equalizer overlay

zal16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you know of any overlay (or nro) that adjusts the sound equalization? Why is it that when I use headphones and I feel a lack of bass, something that could be fixed with an equalizer

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using Bluetooth headphones, the volume buttons on the switch control Vol+,Vol-, but your bt headphones may also have volume buttons or different sound settings, that may be changed on the headphones themself. Read the manual fully for your headphones if this is your case.

Reactions: mathew77

zal16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
change your headphones, mine seem fine, im using beats pro studio buds
This is the easy way, I already have good quality headphones, but I like having a little more bass.

If you are using Bluetooth headphones, the volume buttons on the switch control Vol+,Vol-, but your bt headphones may also have volume buttons or different sound settings, that may be changed on the headphones themself. Read the manual fully for your headphones if this is your case.
I have the Xiaomi Mi ANC P2 (Yes, P2, Wired) Headphones.
@zal16
Please add a question mark to the head of your Topic.
Sorry, but how do I do that?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot 2023-12-04 012237.png

These headphones are designed to used with a smartphone. It has a microphone built-in to them, which will not work on the switch. Also the plug is not desiged to be used in the switch, but in a smartphone, notice the 4 connection spots on the plug. This may be why the sound is not as loud as it could be. Try another set of headphones, even cheap ones, to see if you notice the difference.
This is what the cord end should look like with normal headphones, with no microphone:
Screenshot 2023-12-04 014411.png

Last edited by BigOnYa,

zal16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
View attachment 407279
These headphones are designed to used with a smartphone. It has a microphone built-in to them, which will not work on the switch. Also the plug is not desiged to be used in the switch, but in a smartphone, notice the 4 connection spots on the plug. This may be why the sound is not as loud as it could be. Try another set of headphones, even cheap ones, to see if you notice the difference.
This is what the cord end should look like with normal headphones, with no microphone:
View attachment 407284
I'm sorry my dear, but you don't know what you're talking about. The problem here is not compatibility, in fact, my headset (and any other headset made for a smartphone) is compatible with the Switch, in fact, there are games that use its microphone. I know that there are two connector standards (CTIA and another one that I don't remember the name of), but the one that is incompatible is very rare.

The central question here is whether there is any homebrew that has an equalizer function, as my headphones has a good quality and work normally on my console, but I would like to make adjustments as I don't really like mids, I always increase a little the treble and bass, just like I do on my smartphone.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry my dear, but you don't know what you're talking about. The problem here is not compatibility, in fact, my headset (and any other headset made for a smartphone) is compatible with the Switch, in fact, there are games that use its microphone. I know that there are two connector standards (CTIA and another one that I don't remember the name of), but the one that is incompatible is very rare.
Yea your right, I'm sorry. I had a brain fart I guess and was thinking of my past trying to use headphones with a mic, must have been on a 3DS I had those problems.

zal16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nothing that would work in games. There are apps that can increase master volume, but that's it.
Even though it wasn't the answer I would have liked to have, this was the most succinct, most direct. Thanks masagrator.
Post automatically merged:

Yea your right, I'm sorry. I had a brain fart I guess and was thinking of my past trying to use headphones with a mic, must have been on a 3DS I had those problems.
What you said just now about the DS reminded me that I had a problem like this on a 3DS I had a few years ago. For it to work, I had to leave the headset ~85% inserted, or use another one that didn't have a microphone.

Edit: I only saw now that you edited the message, so we had the same problem on the 3DS after all

Last edited by zal16,
Reactions: BigOnYa

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
there are games that use its microphone.
As far as I was aware, the switch itself had no mic support and therefore relied on the weird Nintendo mobile party chat app to do in game voice chat, so I'm curious, could you tell me what those games are?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +2