ROM Hack SoulSilver XML Update

Do you want the text grammatically correct?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't care

• Total voters

Shabang21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there everyone. I'm a n00b as you can see, at least, in my post count I am.

I've been following the translation of this game very closely. I don't check it everyday, I do keep tabs on it though. But I digress.

I decided to crack down and have a look at the game structure and delve into to wannabe translation business. [Please none of this 'another n00b dick slapping' faggotry please, as I've worked my butt off on this.

Anyways, about a week ago I downloaded the programs and started getting deep into it. And I'm pleased to say, after numerous hours [around 100+, I know, I have no life] I've translated a LARGE portion of the game. Not the storyline mind you, as I'm not fluent in ANY way shape or form in Japanese, Wapanese, or any of this weeaboo faggotry. It's some story, some general in game dialogue, and I'm pretty positive almost all of the settings/wifi/pokewalker/etc.

[Latest Patch] : http://rapidshare.com/files/315250370/SoulSilver_Beta2.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/?jwyzrjdglnz

3/12/2009 - An actual patch is up now, making it much easier to apply it. Go ahead and download it and let me know what you think.

Have a look, tell me what you like/don't like/what I've got completely wrong/etc. If you think it's worth using, then patch it yourselves. If you don't like it, tell me why. I need your feedback.

ALL CREDIT should really go to Kazowar.

-Shabang22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thenewpoketext Instructions - All credit should go to loadingNOW for making this tool!

Instructions for how to patch your game:

1 - Launch thenewpoketext.exe
2 - When it asks for the rom name enter it. Example [pkss.nds] without the brackets.
3 - Go to the temp folder it makes. Then open the root folder.
4 - Open the 'a' folder, then the '0' folder, then the '2' folder.
5 - Then find the file that is just titled 7. You're going to want to copy that file, so right click on it and select copy.
6 - Now go back three folders, until you see the folder 'msgdata'. Open that folder up and paste the 7 file inside this folder.
7 - Once you past the file in there, it should have a folder in there called scenario, and the file you just put there.
8 - Rename the 7 file to msg.narc [make sure you can change file extensions]
9 - Go back to thenewpoketext [hopefully you didn't close it] and then type "patch whatever.xml" where whatever is the name of your xml & no quotes.
10 - When it works, you should see a massive wall of text and a bunch of file id numbers at the end.
11 - Once it is finished, you'll know because the file ids will stop appearing. You now want to go back to where you pasted and renamed the file.
12 - Copy that file and go back to the a/0/2 folder and paste it in there. Rename it from msg.narc to 7.
13 - Hopefully you left thenewpoketext open still. Now you can type mkrom "whatever.nds" or whatever you want the name to be, once again with quotes.

Once you have the rom created, you can run it on your favourite emulator or flashcart.

Hope this helps.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well good luck
yaynds.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh wait, I can't.
WataruKun doesn't like when people take his work.
So if I made this into a patch and released it, WataruKun might stop his translation.

takun32

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
even though you say your a noob. even though it might be crap(haven't checked the file yet) let me just say after spending 100+ hours on something like this; that is enough to get a million appreciations.

the gbatempt newcomer status doesn't mean a thing. although your first post is quite good. the only noobs are people who have one post count and ask such a idiotic questions(no such thing as stupid questions...yes that is true) which can easily be found by using the search function or checking out the stick thread.

you my man, might look noobish but hell it looks like you have experiance.

if it sounds like I'm hitting on you LOL I'm not gay >.> just trying to make you feel welcome and telling you that any work for the community or any hobbie related work is greatly appreciated.
gbasp.gif
....even though the game is coming out next year.

Shabang21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Righto, so a bit of an update. It all seems to work well. I've noticed tons of mistakes on my part, mostly silly ones from staying up 36 hours in a row, twice.

I'll go back through and comb over them. Also, I noticed that when patched on a clean rom, it has that whole 'locking up' black screen. Works fine on my M3 card, so presumably you'll need the fix that's floating around to fix that. OR you can patch it over an already hacked rom.

I'm off to get some sleep. More updates as they come.

-Shabang21

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How far into the game has this been translated? As WataruKun's translation v4 was translated up to as far as Ecuteak City.

Anyway, until WataruKun releases v5 of his translation, i will be keeping an eye on this.
smile.gif

Shabang21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As stated in my first post, hardly ANY story has been translated, as I have no knowledge of the Japanese language.

I have mostly translated all the menus/settings/email/wifi - things of that nature. Feel free to take a look into the xml file for a better idea.

Also, I've gone through my xml file today so far file id by file id, and have made more changes, so that is no longer up to date. It was just some proof as to progress made.

-Shabang 21

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pretty cool!
Too bad I can't download the .xml, because RapdShare doesn't have any slots left...
Would you please upload it to others hosts aswell?
Thanks in advance.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
MediaFire, if possible, but if it's too much of a hassle, it doesn't matter actually.
I don't really care which host, the more the merrier
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: