Hacking Soulsilver .sav File help

OSS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded soulsilver some time ago. It worked just fine on my AceKard 2 and then it started lagging on my DS. In an effort to stop the laggging, I downloaded the same rom from the same site I got the original soulsilver rom. Note: the .sav from the original soulsilver rom was still on the AceKard. Now, when I opened the new rom, the game started from the beggining. Is there anyway for the rom to load the save file? Help!

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded soulsilver some time ago. It worked just fine on my AceKard 2 and then it started lagging on my DS. In an effort to stop the laggging, I downloaded the same rom from the same site I got the original soulsilver rom. Note: the .sav from the original soulsilver rom was still on the AceKard. Now, when I opened the new rom, the game started from the beggining. Is there anyway for the rom to load the save file? Help!

Your rom and save file are likely either named differently or from a different region.

For example:

Ideally, you want:

SoulSilver.nds
SoulSilver.sav

After downloading your new rom, you might have:

Soul Silver.nds
SoulSilver.sav

As an example. You would either need to omit the space from your rom name, or add one to your save file.

Or you might still have:

SoulSilver.nds
SoulSilver.sav

But your .sav belongs to a (U) rom, where your new rom is actually a (E) one. There was a way to change the region of save files for some pokemon games, but you'd be better off just redownloading a new rom of the matching region of your save.

Also, replacing the rom probably isn't going to do anything as far as your lag is concerned. Copy all of your SD contents to your computer, format your SD card with the Panasonic SD Formatter, and then put your files back on the SD card.

If that doesn't fix it then you might just have a shit SD card.

Also, unless you had the link bookmarked, I'd wager to say it's not the exact same rom as before.

OSS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I checked the file names and they match

Pokemon SoulSilver.nds
Pokemon SoulSilver.sav

As I said, I re-downloaded the ROM from the same site I got the first one.
As I opened the game, I started from the beginning. So, do I need to start again, or is there a way to load a save file from the new ROM?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it sounds like your game or msd card were corrupted. this could extend to the save file. does the save work on a ds emulator? in the future, back up your saves and important files frequently. when something gets slow or stops working correctly, reformat the msd card using the panasonic sd formatter. dropping a clean file back onto a corrupted msd card is only going to cause more issues. right now its near impossible to debug. the problem could be with the save file, the rom, corruption, akaio issues due to corruption, etc.

first test out that save. if its working then i would suggest a reformat, followed by replacing all of your files with clean files. do not put back on any files which were previously on the msd card, as they can cause the same corruption to occur.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wonder whatever happened to that ownage pranks guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I dont know why people hate on Starfield, I think its dope. I didn't play it day one, only started it couple weeks ago so maybe they fixed issues with updates already.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft could release a poop simulator and people will say it's shit
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Hold up hooolddd uuupppp, we're less than a week from PM:TTYD releasing and it has not leaked yet? :o Miracles do still exist in this dystopia 🤣
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True. People hated on Fallout 76 at first also, but they still have huge numbers playing online.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is PM:TTYD
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think I played that one
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (i.e. Nintendos' next first party switch title/remake)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meh, I want metroid 4
    I have a refurbished hard drive like 8TBs just use it for movies and music so if it blows up nothing I can't replace lol
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    I mean almost every first party switch title of the past year or two leaked at least a week in advance for a while now haven't they?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not all of them, but yea many.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Metroid prime 4 I wouldn't be surprised if that title will be a SwitchU title (here's hoping Nintendo won't go with such a ridiculous name again)
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Hence me saying almost 🤣
    But for photos and OS and my ROMs not risking it on a refurbished drive lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you checked both the brew and 2u sites?
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    But yes I would welcome MP4 too or even 2+3 remaster/HD to hold us over untill MP4
    +1
    Switch 2 Switched at birth
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    I check brew almost daily (alongside tinfoil sorted on release date) for new games (and cry because of the amount of shovelware and hentai getting released), am unaware of the 2u site
    Super Switch
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    HUB
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    And the switch 3 Router
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (every one of those fitting after network-, and all play part in the OSI networking layer model)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Google switch nsp and you will see,it, that site
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Google switch nsp and you will see,it, that site