Soul Sacrifice and an interesting twist on Pre-Order Bonuses

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Foxi4, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Foxi4
    OP

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    [​IMG]
    Do you have a PSVita? Do you happen to be remotely interested in Soul Sacrifice? Are you one of those people who - for inexplicable reasons - cannot play a Japanese game with a normal English voice-over? Well then you should get your wallets ready because Sony's got an... interesting twist for ya.​
    Soul Sacrifice will be released 30th of April in North America and May 1st in Europe and the pre-orders are up for the grabs with quite interesting bonuses - two extra costumes, three magic items and one extra tidbit you wouldn't normally expect as a Bonus item - a full Japanese voice-over track.​
    Sony has plans to release the last item as paid DLC later, so if you want it for free, pre-order the game before you cry out for an undubbed version and whatnot.​
    :arrow: Source

2. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    I can't get over the fact that all your Vita threads sound like press releases.

And I'll buy Soul Sacrifice. When it bombs and I can get it for $10. Or just wait for it to be on PSN+ eventually.

3. Foxi4
    OP

pip
    Poland
    It's called "writing an article that's relatively pleasant to read while at the same time conveys the general idea of what it's about without needlessly quoting the source". It's also not just the PSVita articles, you should check out DS-Scene sometime, that's where my Nintendo-related news are at. :P

I'm actually interested in the game, I'm just not weeboo enough to be bothered with an undubbed version - I want to understand what my characters are saying. :P

4. Warrior522

Member Warrior522 "In all things, balance."

United States
    :rofl2:

Monitizing people's Japanophilism. Magnificent.

5. Foxi4
    OP

pip
    Poland
    Y'know, Japanophilia is actually a good name for this. I never quite understood the drive towards playing a game with dubbing that you don't even understand. I get it when you do know Japanese, but if you don't that's just being uber-weeboo.

MountApple likes this.
  6. Valwin

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States
    we should like charge Sony for advertisement or something

i mean if every time i game gets release we have to make a USN post them it would be impossible to know of real news especially games we have never hear off

i suggest making a master topic in USN about every game release and its offer

soulx likes this.
  7. Foxi4
    OP

pip
    Poland
    Of course, if we post game-related news all the time, where will we write about politics, natural disasters, school shootings and everything that's completely unrelated to video games on this video game-oriented forum.

8. Warrior522

United States
    Well to be fair, sometimes the American acting can be awful...

Rydian likes this.
  9. Foxi4
    OP

pip
    Poland
    Awful but understandable, and that's the whole point of voice acting. :P

10. DaggerV

Member DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    Don't have a vita, but this sounds like a neat concept, but they did a good job at making the game sound really small.

11. Warrior522

United States
    I prefer awful but hilarious:

12. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    There's wording it objectively and then there's wording it like "PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY GOD SONY FOR THIS BLESSED GAME".

But at least you conveyed the news so let's end it at that.

13. Just Another Gamer

Member Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Australia
    Isn't the point of the dub voices is to make the game more enjoyable. Well if all the dubs had Studio Glibli level of dubbing then no one would complain but sadly they don't and from the quality it seems they usually hire random people cause it's cheaper.

14. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    At least there is the possibility of getting a Japanese voice-over (= no need to make a ROM hack for something as simple as this). If the English voice acting is rubbish, the Japanese one could help save quite a bit. Thanks to subtitles the Japanese voice-over can also be understood.

Any news on when the pre-orders actually start to roll out into stores? Amazon.co.uk at least didn't have it available at the moment.

Then again if it's close to unbearable (whiny kids, annoying voices, etc) the choice of a more neutral approach could be well worth it.

ps. Where's Prowler when there's a topic like this :D

15. Foxi4
    OP

pip
    Poland
    Like I said, I do it with all my articles - check out my other pieces if you don't take my word for it. ;) I definitely didn't aim at "Praise the almighty God, Sony!" - more so at "Oh look, this is interesting news!" but yeah, let's leave it at that and keep it on-topic.

Not really, no - all I found was the bonuses info. Probably closer to the release date.

I do believe Prowler has left the building some time ago.

Yes, I hate my maths teacher's voice - I'm sure algorithms would be so much easier and more bearable for me to plow through if only he spoke a language I don't understand. :P

16. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Monsters look fugly.

17. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    now we have to pay for voice tracks... congrats $ony! you beated Capcom ;)
    btw... is that El Pollo Diablo?!

come on Valwin, don't be so harsh
    the vita is getting A game

raulpica likes this.
  18. McHaggis

Member McHaggis Fackin' Troller

United Kingdom
    Shouldn't it be Nipponophilia? Those kinds of words rarely derive from the English words for the subject. ;) [/pedantry]

EDIT: It's hardly the Oxford English Dictionary, but: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Nipponophile.

ProtoKun7 likes this.
  19. Just Another Gamer

Member Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Australia
    I rather quality voice acting or none at all. There should be no between where it is shit and you have to listen to it because the mute option doesn't mute all the voices and you think Japanese voice acting isn't shit listen to the Japanese Persona 4 the Golden, the voice acting there is horrid but atleast the quality is slightly better than the american one.

20. Foxi4
    OP

pip
    Poland
    It's a matter of taste - I want to understand my voice acting, it's simple as that. If I don't understand what the characters are saying, they might as well not speak at all - it's just background noise.

Weeboo works perfectly fine. :P

SuzieJoeBob, gamefan5 and McHaggis like this.