Sorg's Uniiloader and NandEmu

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nfodiz, Jan 29, 2011.

Jan 29, 2011

Sorg's Uniiloader and NandEmu by nfodiz at 5:12 PM (4,135 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. nfodiz
    OP

Newcomer nfodiz Newbie

United States
    Awhile back I had great success installing this on my launch WII with bootmii on boot2. Recently a friend wanted me to install this on a newer WII which does not have a vulnerable boot2 so I had to install bootmii as IOS. I then proceeded to setup his WII exactly like mine but when I run NandEmu from HBC his WII reboots just like mine but never tries to boot the nand from the HDD (no dvd tray flashing) and I lose the signal to the tv. I guess my question would be does the uniiloader nanemu work without bootmii on boot2? I have also tried the method of loading nandemu from priiloader with same results.

2. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    UniiLoader doesnt depend on BootMii at all. It uses its own "bootmii" as IOS253. Install IOS253 with the Installer included in the package and boot either BootIOS253_auto.dol, BootIOS253_SD.dol or BootIOS253_USB.dol from real NAND.

If you dont know where to get these, PM me.

3. nfodiz
    OP

Newcomer nfodiz Newbie

United States
    Thanks WiiBricker for the response. I do in fact have IOS253 installed and used the BootIOS253_USB.dol file to start the nandemu from HBC to start the nand from USB HDD. Any other ideas what I might have done wrong? TIA

4. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Your HDD could be simply not comptible. I myself never managed to get either UNEEK or NANDemu working with my HDD, but with my USB-Stick both work fine. I posted a gecko output, but noone seems to know why UNEEK/NANDemu have these USB issues. So I suggest you try another USB device.

5. nfodiz
    OP

Newcomer nfodiz Newbie

United States
    The same HDD boots the Nand fine when hooked up to my WII. I am puzzled to say the least lol. Not sure where to go from here. WiiFlow works like a champ on his Wii so I might have to go that route.

6. scooby74029

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
  7. nfodiz
    OP

Newcomer nfodiz Newbie

United States
    Thanks scooby I will give it a try in a bit, I have nothing to lose at this point.

8. hulk691

Newcomer hulk691 Member

Singapore
    From what I understand, Uniiloader cannot work on the newer Wii. A date was mentioned (~ end 2009/ start 2010). Not sure if it meant maufactured or purchased date.

9. nfodiz
    OP

Newcomer nfodiz Newbie

United States
    No luck with the channel scooby but thanks! Like hulk says, maybe the wii is too new. I will just chalk this one up as a loss.
    Thanks everybody, great community here.

10. icw35

Member icw35 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I got uniiloader working doing this:

created apps folder on usb with subfolder "boot253". I put the .dol in there. From HBC I connected to the USB instead of SD (from the menu after pressing 1). Then ran the .dol from the USB.

Wii rebooted and I was in the USB nand. No need for SD at all.