Sony's Yoshida On NGP Pricing

Xale

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really dont think it should be above $300, it shouldnt even be $300, it should be under even though that wont happen, but if it is $300, people will just look at it and go "why dont i just get a ps3?" it really doesnt make sense to make it cost more then the ps3, it wouldnt sell very well in my opinion

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, price would be a big factor. 3DS is already taking up a large sum of my already mostly dedicated income. I won't be buying this unless they can wow me with a few titles that I would actually want, or if it's hacked reaaally early.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

"From the very beginning of the project -- since 2008 -- pricing was one of the considerations that we had. Hopefully when we announce the price, people will see the proper value." "It's not going to be $599." [/p]

Sony has stated that the NGP will not cost $599 and hopes people will the see the proper value when pricing is announced.​

icon11.gif
Via

icon11.gif
Source

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
Splych said:
TDWP FTW said:
I'll laugh if they're like, "It's not going to be $599 USD like we said, it's going to be $699!"
lmfao .
that'd be a ridiculous price.
xD

lol, ever heard of the 3DO?

pan-3do.jpg

It cost 699.99 at launch!!!

Here's something worse

Pioneer_LaserActive_CLD-A100.jpg

Pioneer Laseractive

$970 at launch + $600 each for the additional gaming add-ons for Genesis/Megadrive and PC engine/Turbographx 16 + $350 if you want karaoke

You do the math

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Difference is, 3DO and LaserActive both essentially failed on the market.

As for the PSP2 price......well, Sony doesn't know the meaning of the word "value". It WILL be overpriced.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
400$ minimum for the NGP is my guess. For all of the stuff in it, 300 would be low for anybody. Then you have to tack on money just because it says Sony on the front. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it hit 500.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F