Sony Vegas help needed!

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Splych, Jul 23, 2010.

Jul 23, 2010

Sony Vegas help needed! by Splych at 3:42 AM (754 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Splych
    OP

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    so i use Sony Vegas Pro 9.0e.
    recently, i recorded some new clips in CoD4 with demos.
    i use Sony Vegas for multiplying the speed of the video by 4 to make the speed back to normal speed.

now usually, i could just drag the video to the workspace but now it just stopped working.
    it shows me the not allowed sign everytime i try dragging it as the mouse cursor. [​IMG]

even when i try to open a clip,
    sony vegas freezes on me, then unfreezes. once it unfreezes, i can finally open the file and then it takes time to be added [5 - 10 seconds most of the time].

i am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit and Sony Vegas isn't run in compatibility mode. i've tried it before, same problem.

2. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    Hmm, never worked with the program before or know any information but have you tried running it as an administrator?

3. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Strange. Has it ever worked properly before?

By dragging it into the workspace, you mean the track area? If so, are you dragging it into the right type of track (video)?

Can't be of any more help, sorry. x.x

4. uiaad

Newcomer uiaad Member

United Kingdom
    Try importing it into the media bin using the import button.

Should be the second button from the left in the media bin section and just check the file is in a supported format.

5. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    yes, i am running this as admin. as far as i know, i am dragging it to the right type of track. before i could just drag it and it automatically makes the track for me. i've tried right clicking the track area then inserting both an audio and video track. then dragging the video and still no success. it still gives me that sign as the mouse cursor.

as uiaad, that worked. i am wondering if it is possible to change the media bins so it shows the directories of my Hard Drives instead. so i can just choose where to find my videos.

thanks for the help guys,
    looks like i can practice editing by the way uiaad said.

6. uiaad

Newcomer uiaad Member

United Kingdom
    I suffered the same problem at one point, the it cleared it self up within a couple of weeks.

if you have it set up the same way i do, you can just use the explorer tab at the bottom ( or possibly top depending on the way you have it set up ) you can also access explorer by pressing alt+1.

Any other Q's to do with vegas just drop me a pm Splych and i'll see what i can do.

7. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    oo thanks.
    i will bookmark your userpage as sony vegas helper xD.

thanks again for the help.