machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
twiztidsinz said:
To simplify what is going on... this is like leaving your house unlocked, doors and windows open and then being surprised when you get robbed.
Sony didn't encrypt the information the units were sending. THIS IS A MAJOR SECURITY SCREW UP ON SONY'S PART!
That's not quite right.
It'd be more like if your landlord unlocked your doors and windows etc.
Your landlord to your...house?

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
twiztidsinz said:
GentleFist said:
so the first guy helped the criminals

and helping criminals is a criminal act in itself
Actually there'd have to be intent for it to be a crime.
So go ahead, prove that Geohot's intent was for this to happen.
This is the part where GentleFist makes a funny face like this
f_-_warggh.gif
and then says "I...I don't have any proof..."

God, I play to much Ace Attorney...

Get out of my brain!

34®ß0*3®

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
Nollog said:
TwinRetro said:
Behind the aging, dying whale that is Sony is a young doe-eyed buck waiting to take the console world by storm.

Atari bowed out of the console scene and Sony took their place...Sega bowed out of the console scene and Microsoft took their place.

Believe me, there will be a company to replace Sony.
If that was the case, I could see THQ, activision or ea coming up with hardware.

Or Apple....
wtf.gif

(In my nightmares, Angry Birds is played on an iConsole)....
Enter the Apple TV home gaming console
home-console.jpeg

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I really don't get why people want to burn Sony to the ground but nearly no one is talking about looking for the hackers who did this. You know, if someone can somehow capture the hackers, then this whole nightmare will simmer down a bit. The hackers are the ones to blame the most, not Sony. I mean Sony is still to blame for their poor security, but it's still the hackers who hacked it in the first place. Maybe if they ever do find the douches who did this, they're the ones people would sue.

And no, I doubt that they're not going to release the NGP. They've already started development, it's going to cost them even more to let it go.

And even if their gaming sector falls, Sony is a very powerful electronics company first and foremost, and thus the company as a whole will not be destroyed or anything. Before the PS1, Sony was still fucking damn rich. The probable reason why they decided to enter the market is because it was new and a very good investment, with the fall of Sega and all.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
machomuu said:
Nollog said:
twiztidsinz said:
To simplify what is going on... this is like leaving your house unlocked, doors and windows open and then being surprised when you get robbed.
Sony didn't encrypt the information the units were sending. THIS IS A MAJOR SECURITY SCREW UP ON SONY'S PART!
That's not quite right.
... Obviously?
Do Americans not RENT?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
machomuu said:
Nollog said:
twiztidsinz said:
That's not quite right.
... Obviously?
Do Americans not RENT?
Yeah, but that's usually the case with apartments. Seriously, what is with you and America? Did you have a bad run-in with Bandit Keith or something?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
machomuu said:
Nollog said:
machomuu said:
Nollog said:
twiztidsinz said:
That's not quite right.
... Obviously?
Do Americans not RENT?
Yeah, but that's usually the case with apartments. Seriously, what is with you and America? Did you have a bad run-in with Bandit Keith or something?
In America?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
godreborn said:
I wonder what's going to happen with e3. will sony even show up? possibly. will they be booed off stage? probably.

Like they will be booed off the stage... I really hope you were joking. So far the only people booing are the fan boys and hackers.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went into Baskin Robins for that 31cent scoop day thing, and ran into some people discissing the security breach. They were all aware of the class action lawsuit and they all wanted to switch to xbox 360 afterwards.

And I got ice cream!
biggrin.gif

mister_C

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see Sony go back to making parts for Nintendo consoles. (of course not network hardware) (SNES had a Sony sound chip I believe)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
godreborn said:
I wonder what's going to happen with e3. will sony even show up? possibly. will they be booed off stage? probably.

Fx'd: Like they will be booed off the stage... I really hope you were joking. So far the only people booing are the fan boys and hackers and the 77 million psn users.

omgitsmisha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ignoring the financial implications of the class action suit, this is undoubtedly a PR disaster. All eyes are on them, waiting to see what their next move will be. Considering the timing, I don't think anyone (with half a mind) would be surprised if they decided to bow out of a big press conference at this year's E3. It's just too soon, not enough time for damage control.

jerome27

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CCNaru said:
Sony probably got in gaming to develop the cd-drive market... which led to square jumping to psx for bigger data size than a nintendo cart which pretty much started off the whole sony console trend.

No. Multicple CD systems existed before the PSX, not to mention PC games. And the original "Nintendo Playstation" was Nintendo's idea.

On topic. This is the end for Sony. This is the biggest shit storm of karma I've ever seen. God is laying his wrath down on Sony and its never going to end until they are finally driven from the video game market. Billions lost the PS3, from first place to last in one generation. PSP Go a multi million dollar failure. And PSP, despite decent hardware sales can't move software outside of Japan. It's over for Sony. This lawsuit will push them over the edge. And the damage from this hacker fiasco has ruined their already tainted public image forever.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a true statement by me.

nintendo made sony.

what i mean is sony would of merged with nintendo we would of saw nintendo's first cd system in like that late 90's or something other then the gamecube made in 2001

but i got one thing to say

nintendo should of never made those shitty cdi-games for that system. that's why nintendo was scared to team up with sony.

i mean 3 shit zelda games follwed by a mario game. so nintendo stuck it's middle finger at sony. sony said we don't need this shit were rival's now bitch!!

but on topic i don't care who done it hackers or sony. sony's system should of bounced off those hackers

and one more thing i don't think geohot has nothing to do with this he's probley living on an island or being bubba's little bitch. i bet he's on the island and i'll be damned if psn is not back up by next week
cause i did not pay 20 bucks for nothing for those back to the future games also i hope sony does not turn to the dark side of the xbox which makes player's pay per year month's what ever. the only reason i got a ps3 is for fighters.

also xbox is crap (i'm not dissing xbox owners) i mean look at the paddle it's backwards snes paddle. and it sucks for fighters and also it's only good for FPS and some RPG's maybe i could be wrong all right i'm done with this if anyone want's to debate or whatever just do it.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
godreborn said:
omgpwn666 said:
godreborn said:

Fx'd: Like they will be booed off the stage... I really hope you were joking. So far the only people booing are the fan boys and hackers and the 77 million psn users.

To fix it you should revert it back to normal. Sony is trying to fix the issue, who ever boos that is kind of a dumb ass. And who ever says Sony is not trying to fix it is ignorant. Remember, be mad at the hackers, not Sony. As many have said, to expect Sony to cover every possible hacking point before it happens is absurd, that was never gonna happen. And why is Microsoft not hacked? Pretty obvious, no one tried that hard, or the Sony hackers are better than the Microsoft hackers. What I said in my last sentence is actually speculation, just like pretty much everything everyone else is saying. Instead of booing Sony, cheer them on, hope for the best that they can fix this shit hole the hackers put them in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one